Friday, July 28, 2023

Friday and More Heat

 I slept well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I made my bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day. I am having my breakfast here in the den. I looked and Blondie isn't out there yet. But I did catch "the weather on the 8's ". As I suspected, it's going to be another scorcher week.

Today will be another 100 degree day and Partly cloudy, tomorrow will also be another 100 degree day and partly cloudy, Sunday will also be 100 degrees day and partly cloudy, Monday will be 101 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday is forecast for 104 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 104 degrees also and partly cloudy,  and Thursday is to be 105 degrees and mostly sunny. It's going to be a very hot week...that's for sure! I hope Blondie can survive the heat.

I don't have a plan for today except to go to the library and get another two books checked out. I will go check on Blondie again now. 

More Later... 

He was there this time. I took his moist food out there and he ate almost all of it. 

Then I took my walk at 6:30 and picked up several water bottles, one unopened and completely full, out of the street and a third of  a bag of trash.

I put the bag in my trash container when I got back home. It's 6:59AM now. 

The library doesn't open until 12:00PM on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, so I will have to continue re-reading an old book I hadn't read in 20 years. It's called "Who Wrote the Bible". I find it interesting. 

I went up to Independence this morning and went to Walmart there and bought school supplies for a third grade girl student at the Caney elementary school. I couldn't find the earphones or whatever they call them so I had to just leave them out. And I had no idea what size shoes to buy for her either.They don't ask for backpacks for that grade either anymore. I was surprised about that.  I took what I could find to the church and left the sacks in the foyer. As soon as everyone gets their school supplies I will take them over here.   

I did make some copies of the needed school supplies.,,,several sheets of them. I left them on the table in the foyer.

More Later... 

About 1:00PM, I went to Eggbert's and had lunch. Then I came home and read in one of the library books  I had checked out after my  lunch. It appears to be another good mystery book. It's 4:10PM now.

I think I will go water he plants in the back yard and maybe the ones in the front by the mailbox too.

More Even Later...

No comments: