Sunday, July 23, 2023

Sunday and Breakfast at Church

 I slept very well last night. I was up shortly before 5:00AM and started the coffeecake as soon as I dressed and made my bed and got myself ready for the day.

I have the coffeecake mixed up and in the oven. I have had a cup of coffee and a cup of Chai Latte.  

Blondie came for his breakfast this morning. I am going to buy some wet food at Dollar General and see if he will eat more if I do. He is awfully thin.

I did catch "the weather on the 8's".

Today is supposed to be 94 degrees and mostly sunny, Monday is supposed to be 98 degrees and sunny Tuesday is to be  99 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 100 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday is to be 100 degrees and partly cloudy, and Friday is to be 99 degrees and mostly  sunny, and Saturday is to be 99 degrees and sunny.

That's the week...hot, hot , hot!  And no rain!

The coffeecake is finished baking and cooling. I have it iced already. It's 7:02AM now and I will take my walk. I have time before I have to leave for church. I want to go into Coffeyville and put the book I have finished in their book drop before going on to church.

More Later... 

I took my walk at 7:05AM and had very little trash in my sack when I got home at 7:35.. That's unusual. Maybe I am making headway after all.

I covered the cool coffeecake with plastic and will put it in the car later...I will leave here about 9:30AM so I can go by the Coffeyville library and put that one book in their book drop. Then I will go out to church for the breakfast at 10:00AM. Leslie will not be there this morning. I have asked Phyllis to play the piano for the hymns. She agreed. Evidently Kelly won't be there either. He is the only one  besides Leslie who knows how to run the projector for the hymns.

More Even Later.. 

We got through the worship service just fine although I was not happy with the scripture material. I do not like to preach from the Old Testament. The culture of that day was completely different from anything in the modern day culture and much of the material is not relevant to today's culture at all. Women and children were considered a man's property. I personally find that irrelevant to today's culture. I find it easier to preach from the New Testament and Jesus' message.

It's 8:46PM now and I am ready to go to bed at 9:00PM.

1 comment:

Kay said...

I do envy your sleep, Margie. But gosh! I don't envy the heat you are all getting on the mainland. And yet... it's rather warm here too though. I keep wanting more trade winds.