Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Wednesday and A Skipbo Game

I slept well last night and was only up once in the night to take my meds. I was up at my usual 5:00AM and dressed and got myself ready for the day. Blondie was waiting for me when I finally went in the living room to turn on the TV and get the week's weather report on "the weather on the 8's". It's going to be even hotter this week!

Today is to be 101 degrees partly cloudy, tomorrow is to be 100 degrees and  partly cloudy, Friday is to be 99 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 101 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday is to be 102 degrees and mostly sunny, Monday is t be 103 and mostly sunny and Tuesday is to be 104 degrees and mostly sunny. Yes, this next week will be even hotter then any before it. Only one day under 100 degrees and that is Friday. Another scorcher!!!

I fed Blondie some more of the wet food and he scoffed it right down. 

I will get my hair done in Coffeyville at 9:00AM and at 1:00PM we will have Skipbo, a card game, at the senior center. It begins at 1:00PM and goes until 3:00PM or so. I bought my treat for it earlier this week at the Caney Market. Usually there are four or five of us that play. It depends on whether Darlene comes.

More Later... 

I heard from Karan this morning. She did text me yesterday but I did not get her text...for some reason. I checked today and I did get her text. I just didn't get a notification.  Strange.

I took my walk at 7:30AM  and picked up a lot of trash again...nearly a full bag.

It's a little after 8:00AM now and I need to get over to Coffeyville for my 9:00AM hair appointment.

So more later....

I also stopped at Auto Zone and had the clerk check out my battery and find out why I have no dash lights. He tested and said it wasn't the battery or the alternator. He thought it might be a fuse.

I made it to the hair appointment in plenty of time. Afterward I went to Sonic and bought a cherry limeade slush. Then I went to the senior center and read until time for the Skipbo game. 

After the game, I came on back home and dusted the apartment and read the rest of the afternoon.

Then I stopped by the Drug store here and asked about my prescription. They couldn't fill it because they said the bottle  couldn't be empty. They said it was just filled a short time ago. That may be so but I only had one pill left and I took that last night. So I was to call the doctor's office again and explain my need of a full prescription. I did that. Hopefully they will fill that prescription tomorrow. Otherwise I will have to call again. I think Dr. Christensen only gave me part of a prescription to make sure the new blood pressure medicine was going to handle my swollen feet and ankles.  

Nevertheless, I will need more then 5 pills. 

I stopped by Josh's garage and had him chick out my dash lights. He immediately saw that I had accidentally pushed a button on the dash that turned off the dash lights. He charged me nothing and he pushed the correct button and I had dash lights again.

I took my bath earlier and put my pajamas on and am ready to go to bed now. It's  9:04PM.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Josh sounds like a good guy!