Thursday, July 27, 2023

Thursday and A Visit With Nancy

 I slept pretty well last night and was only up once to go to the bathroom and take my meds. I plan to go visit Nancy this morning. I also want to wash my car while I am in Bartlesville.

I caught "the weather on the 8's" this morning. Today is to be 100 degrees and mostly sunny, tomorrow is to be 100 degrees and mostly sunny, Saturday is to be 100 degrees and mostly sunny and Sunday is to be 99 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 102 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 103 degrees and partly cloudy, and Wednesday is to be 105 degrees and partly cloudy. Another scorcher! and no rain at all.

I am having my breakfast here in the den. Now I am going to check and see if Blondie is out there waiting for his breakfast.

He was! And I fed him some more wet food and after he finished I brought his bowl in and washed it. I will go out to Dollar General this morning and buy some more. He really enjoys that wet food. It's more expensive but I only have him to feed now. I started with four three years ago. They have slowly either died or were taken to someone's farm barn to kill rats and mice.

I will take my walk now. It's 7:14AM.

I left at 7:14AM for my walk and got back home at 7:46AM. Happily, I didn't get much trash this morning. I never know how much I will find. 

More Even Later...  

I went to Bartlesville to visit Nancy but first I washed my car and cleaned it up. I visited her until 11:30AM and then came on back home. It was time for her lunch and one of the employees there came to encourage her to dress and go to lunch.

I read this afternoon until I finished the second book. Then I took it up to the library drop box and dropped it in. 

I called Sally to see if she wanted to go to Big Cheese for lunch.  She did. She had been over to Coffeyville to the dentist. She had broken a took and had to have it worked on. It will be a week to ten days until she has the crown. In the meantime, she has a temporary.

She needed to go to Independence anyhow to pay her auto registration.  So we went there first before lunch. Then we went to Big Cheese. I had a small pizza and she had something different, I forget the name of it. It was pasta of some sort. Then I took her home and came home myself.

I watched an old Columbo program on Amazon Prime. It was entertaining. It's 5:39PM now. In about an hour, I will take my bath and read something or watch another program on Amazon Prime. until bedtime at 9:00PM. I have recorded the CBS evening news so I guess I will watch it when it finishes recording at 6:00PM.

 

1 comment:

Kay said...

You lead such a wonderfully independent life, Margie. I really admire your courage and ability to do all that you do.