Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Tuesday and A Movie

I slept much better last night. I was up at my usual 5:00AM, made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I am having my breakfast here in the den. When I opened the front door this morning, Blondie was there waiting for his breakfast.I fed him, he ate his fill and left and I took the cat food back in the garage.

I did catch "the weather on the 8's" early. It's 6:21 AM now and I hope to get my walk in before the weather changes to rain this evening. 

Today is to be 95 degrees and mostly sunny, Wednesday is to be 91 degrees and PM thunderstorms,  Thursday is to be 83 degrees and AM thunderstorms,  Friday is to be 84 degrees and thunderstorms, Saturday is to be 86 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, Sunday is to be 87 degrees and isolated thunderstorms and Monday is to be 92 degrees and mostly sunny.

Sally and I have our movie in Bartlesville this evening at 7:00PM. Hopefully the rain will hold off until we get home from that. I am not wild about driving in the rain.  I hope it is that Harrison Ford latest movie. "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny".

Unfortunately Cheyenne's game  is to be tomorrow night at Coffeyville at 7:30PM and there is rain in the forecast tomorrow evening. If it is cancelled, she will have to play another night. If they win tomorrow evening, they will play again the next evening. If they lose tomorrow evening they are finished for the season. I intend to go watch it if they play tomorrow evening.

I want to take my walk while it's nice.

I left at 6:40AM for my walk and got home at 7:19AM. I picked up a sack of trash again. Some of it fireworks stuff  but I didn't clean up the huge mess across the street from me. I taught my kids and even the grandkids who lived with us for awhile, that if they made a mess, they had to clean it up. I don't believe in enabling kids by doing their work for them when they make a mess. That teaches them nothing about taking responsibility for their own decisions.

It's 7:24AM now. 

More Later... 

I read most of the morning and then I called Sally to see if she wanted to go to Independence and have lunch at that fish place. They told us the last time we were in there that they stayed open 365 days a year and didn't even close for holidays.

But they were closed.  We tried that Mom and Pop buffet but it was closed too. 

Finally  we stopped at the Dairy Queen and they were open so we went in and had their special..three chicken strips, french fries, gravy and an ice cream sundae with chocolate syrup. We even had a refillable drink.

Both dinners came to a little over $12.00. And you couldn't beat the dinner. It was very good. I am really full too. I didn't even eat all my french fries. But I ate that sundae!

I will pick up Sally for our movie this evening at 6:00PM.

 

No comments: