Sunday, July 2, 2023

Sunday and Breakfast at Chrrch

 I slept well last night and was up at my usual 5:00M, made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. Then I made my coffeecake for the breakfast at church. I have it in the oven now.

I checked for Blondie but he wasn't out there. I will check again later.

I did catch "the  weather on the 8's".

Today is to be 90 degrees and sunny, Monday is to be 95 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 96 degrees and mostly sunny, Wednesday is to be 94 and degrees partly cloudy, Thursday is to be 86 degrees and AM thunderstorms and Friday is to be 86 degrees and scattered thunderstorms. So it looks like a couple of days of rain and much hot weather.  It appears the rain will be Thursday and Friday.

More Later...I want to check for Blondie again. 

Blondie never came for his breakfast this morning. I hope he's alright! After losing Scruff, I am leery of what happened to her happening to him too when ever he's not here for his breakfast.

I just took my mile walk. I left here at 7:35AM and got back at 8:06AM. I got a small bag of trash this morning too.

Sally invited me to go to Bartlesville for the 4th to a concert at their Community Center. Her daughter, Diana, bought two tickets to give her and she invited me to go. Tuesday is the 4th. Sally's car is in the shop so I may drive. Her car has several things wrong with it. It is even older then mine. Mine is a 2008. I think hers is in the late 1990's. I will take her to work tomorrow when I go to visit Nancy.

Tuesday will be our concert and  then Wednesday I have my 9:00AM hair appointment in Coffeyville and Bunco in the afternoon at 1:00PM at the senior center there. It would have to be  awfully early if she needs me to take her to work on Wednesday. She hopes her car will be ready by Wednesday. She needs to be there by 8:00AM and gets off work at 11:30AM.

We will see what happens.

More Later...

I will leave for church at 9:00AM so I can go into Coffeyville and out to the Woodshed in South Coffeyville to get gas before the breakfast at 10:00AM. It's 8:29 now...or I may wait until after church and after lunch with Phyllis at Eggbert's and go out to South Coffeyville then.

I ended up going before church to get my gas. Then when I got to church there were only four of us for breakfast. I was the only one that brought anything so they had Chai Latte and coffeecake. Karan had had family that left just before she left for church. She had no time to fix anything. Luckily there was lots of coffeecake and everyone there..Karan, John and Leslie ate coffeecake. That worked out fine. 

John worked on my trimmer and got it fixed. I am so happy about that. He had to loosen two screws and slip the rod back in the cover. I evidently dented the cover when I was trying to force it to fix it myself.

We had a good group for church though. The service was very good. Leslie was in charge and it was communion Sunday too. She did a very good job!

I got home at 2:33PM after I had lunch with Phyllis Fredensborg. I saw one of my classmates there at Eggberts..actually two. One was Phyllis Runnels and the other was John Wade. It had been years since I had seen Phyllis Runnels. I spoke to her briefly. She was with her husband and some of her family. She knew Phyllis Fredensborg from an experience of buying shoes from her when Phyllis F. worked at Brown Shoe Fit. 

More Later...I want to get my church letters done.

I got that finished and took them to the post office and mailed them off.

I have been watching 60 Minutes on TV.

Tomorrow I will pick up Sally at 8:15AM or so and take her to work before I go visit Nancy.  Then I will pick her up at 11:30AM and take Nancy back to the assisted living before I take Sally home to Caney.

I just took my bath and will read in my book before bedtime. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM. I have run out of allergy pills so I hope I will be able to sleep. They have been doing fireworks all week long until 10:00PM.

 

 

No comments: