Monday, September 11, 2023

Monday and Laundry

I slept fitfully last night and was up shortly before 5:00AM. I ate my breakfast bar and drank my coffee and am now working on my Chai Latte. I opened the front door shortly after I made my bed and got myself ready for the day.and Blondie was out there for his breakfast. He didn't eat much and I had the feeling he had already eaten somewhere else. I took his food back in the garage and covered it. I put a good half of his wet food back in the package and put it in the frig. I may feed it to him tomorrow.

I did catch "the weather on the 8's". Today it is  supposed to rain. There is a 90% chance of that. And wouldn't you know, we are going to Tulsa to pick up Gay's sister and brother-in -law at the airport there. But first we are having lunch at El Pueblito at 12:30PM in Coffeyville and afterward she is also going to shop for shoes at Brown Shoe Fit Company in Coffeyville. Then after that we will leave for Tulsa.

I did catch the weather report. Today there is that 90% chance of rain and 73 degrees. Tuesday is supposed to be 78 degrees and  partly cloudy, Tuesday it is supposed to be 70 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 80 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday is to be 77 degrees and mostly cloudy. Friday is to be 79 degrees partly cloudy, Saturday is supposed to be 79 degrees and partly cloudy and Sunday is supposed to be 93 degrees and sunny. That's the week! One day of rain and that is today. 

It's 6:19AM now and I had planned to get the shingles shot today. My shingles appear to be gone now. I will check with Urgent Care in Coffeyville and see if they will give it to me.

No, I have to wait a month to take the shots. Urgent Care told me that.

I left for my walk at 7:05AM and got back with  a half a bag of trash at 7:35AM. I set my dumpster at the curb to get the trash picked up today. I looked and Stephen didn't have any so I left his at the garage door. 

More Later ... I read until time to leave for Coffeyville.

I got to El Pueblito a little before 12:00 noon and Gay was still in Cherryvale. She had run into a lot of road work along the way. She was about twenty minutes late for our lunch. After lunch (which she paid for),  we went to Brown Shoe Fit company where she found some neat shoes and she bought them. They were Sketchers...very cute.

Then we went on to Tulsa and eventually met her sister and her sister's husband at American Airline's gate. They had a great time with their grandchildren in Texas. We had a rainy trip back from Tulsa and I had an even rainier one on the way home. About halfway home, my bright lights went out. It was raining very hard and I could barely see the road without my brights. All the other cars were using their brights. I just watched for the yellow center line until I got to Caney. I took my bath as soon as I got home. It was 9:15PM and I was very tired. I will drop by Main Street Repair and have it checked out tomorrow first thing. I will need bright lights at night when others use theirs.

I have a dental appointment tomorrow at 10:30AM here in Caney. They will do a cleaning and exam.

More Later...I am very tired. I will go to bed as soon and I take my Melatonin.

1 comment:

DrumMajor said...

Have a nice adventure. That's good to follow up with the new two-shot series of the more effective shingles shots than what they had 10 years ago. They may have a longer wait for your's depending on your recent bout. Linda in Kansas