Thursday, September 14, 2023

Thursday and Packing

 I had a unfortunate problem today.I picked up the cup that had the water that I had soaked my partial denture in and drank a couple of huge gulps of it before I realized that was not my water but it was the chemical I had soaked my partial denture in. I read the caution on the box and realized I may have poisoned myself. I called the 800 number on the box and talked to the woman that answered and told her what I had done. She said I might have some problems with the chemicals in that mixture.  I might get sick to my stomach. She suggested I drink a lot of water and she would call me back in an hour and check on me. I got a bowl and took it with me into the living room.....just in case. In an hour she called me back and I told her I had had no problems.but had drank two bottles of water.She said that was the correct thing to do. It had diluted the chemicals in the water I had drunk. I feel fine and it has been several hours now.

I went in the living room and watched the "weather on the 8's". Today is to be 81 degrees and AM clouds and PM sun, tomorrow is to be 82 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 81 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday is to be 86 degrees and sunny, Monday is to be 89 degrees and sunny, Tuesday is to be 88 degrees and partly cloudy, and Wednesday is to be 83 degrees and partly cloudy. That's the week..no rain..just a cloudy week. 

I also found Blondie waiting for his breakfast. He ate his fill and left  and I took the cat food back into the garage and covered it.

It's 7:01 AM and I may take my walk now. Blondie was out there when I was getting ready to leave. He had eaten quite a bit earlier. So I didn't give him any more. 

I got back from my walk at 7:39AM. I had quite a bit of trash this time. I put the sack in my dumpster when I got back home.

More Later.. Then I called Sally and asked her to go to Copan to lunch with me and she agreed. She also asked me if I would like to go to Garden Club with her afterward. I agreed. So we looked around Caney for Nora Grayum's old house. It was back to almost falling down again and they had fixed it up beautifully when they lived there. What a shame.

After we went through Myrtle's Market, we went to the garden club meeting. They had decided since they couldn't get younger people to participate, they would just disband. They served refreshments and then we all left. It was nice seeing Karen Rankin again. She had a clothing store in Independence when I was working at the radio station and she bought advertising from me.

After the meeting broke up. I took Sally home and dropped by Main Street Service. The woman who ran the office showed me how to get all four of my windows rolled up and down instead of just the driver's side. She also showed me how to get my bright lights to stay on.  

It's 3:49PM now and I will finish packing for the weekend tomorrow morning and go over to Karan's in the afternoon at 2:00PM for her to drive over to the campgrounds south of Joplin for Friday and Saturday there for the priesthood meeting. 

More Later...

 

3 comments:

DrumMajor said...

Glad you're okay! Guess your tummy is sparkly clean. Good thinking to call the poison control center. Maybe make sure your denture cup and sink cup are two different colors? Linda in Kansas

Margie's Musings said...

Good idea, Linda! Thanks for the advice!

Margie's Musings said...

No, but that's a good idea. Linda! They are bath clear plastic cups.