Thursday, February 1, 2024

Thursday and a Concert in Bartlesville

I slept well last night and was up shortly before 5:00AM, made my bed and got myself ready for the day.Sally and I will go to Bartlesville this evening to see "Mean Girls" at the Community Center there. Sally is going to drive. She will pick me up at 6:00PM this evening.

I opened the door to find no cats again this morning, It's the second day in a row they haven't shown up.  Hopefully they will later this morning, It's only 6:00AM.

I did catch "the  weather on the 8's" again this morning,

Here it is:

Today is to be 69 degrees and AM clouds and PM sun, tomorrow is to be  68 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 59 degrees and rain, Sunday is to be  52 degrees and light rain, Monday is to be 56 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 58 degrees and mostly sunny, and Wednesday is to be 60 degrees and mostly cloudy. That's the week. A weekend of rain...which we sorely need!

I did a load of laundry this morning. It's in the dryer now. I have my Chai Latte and a breakfast bar here and am eating my breakfast now too.

The little white cat finally came for breakfast and I fed it. It is eating now. It seems to be very hungry!

I finished the first of the two books I checked out earlier this week at the Caney Library. I took it up at the Caney book drop and dropped it in. 

Blondie finally came for his breakfast earlier this morning and even later, the little grey cat came and finished up what Blondie left,,,plus some of it's own..

Sally and I went out to Copan Restaurant and had soup and split a piece of German Chocolate pie. As usual  everything was very tasty.

Tom Benefiel, a classmate of mine, lost his wife, Maggie, last month. I had another classmates of mine call me for his Lawrence address so she could send him a sympathy card. Then Tom called me this morning to tell me about his loss. I told him about the phone call yesterday of another classmate wanting his Lawrence address.  I gave it to her. The funeral is Saturday at 11:00 AM at the Episcopal church in Coffeyville. I may attend it. My mother worked for his parents at a neighborhood grocery story when I was a child. This is the second wife he has lost.

 More Even Later..

I received the form from Prudential that I asked for weeks ago. It is to use the dividends from my Prudential policies to pay off a loan we made and took out years ago to buy a double wide trailer.  I don't think the dividends are enough to pay it all off but it will make a dent in it. I took the form out to Leslie, who used to be a Prudential manager and would be able to understand the Greek they use for those things, She filled it out for me and I signed it and mailed it off when I got back to Caney.

She told me the boil order was off for the Caney water. She read it on facebook. I don't read facebook...too much nonsense.

Sally will come by for me at 6:00PM and we will go to Bartlesville to attend that first concert of this season... "Mean Girls".

More Even Later. 

Now I will get back to that second book I checked out at the Caney library.


No comments: