Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Wednesday and Game Day

 I slept well last night and was up close to 6:00AM. I made my bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day.

When I finally opened the front door Grey was out there ready for his/her breakfast I took it out to him/her and Grey proceeded to eat. Soon Blondie came along and nudged the grey cat over and out of his way so he could eat his breakfast.

So I took the second bowl out to him, complete with both dry and wet cat food. Now they are both eating. I will need to get some more wet cat food today. Blondie got the last bit of wet cat food.

I will get my hair done this morning at 9:00AM and later in the day at 1:00PM, I will go to game day at the senior center. 

I am having my breakfast now too. Chai Latte and a breakfast bar.

John, my son in law, will come here after the doctor's appointment he has today. I asked him to prepare my mower for the mowing season.  He had me take it into the back yard and put it next to the gate there. He says it needs two filters and gas and oil. I am so grateful to him for doing this. I don't know who in Caney could care for it if he wouldn't.

I also caught "the weather on the 8's". Today is to be 56 degrees and  mostly sunny, Tomorrow is to be 68 degrees and  sunny, Friday is to be 73 degrees and partly cloudy and windy, Saturday is to be 77 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday is to be 80 degrees cloudy and cloudy, and Monday is to be 76 degrees and scattered thunderstorms.

It looks like Monday is the only day of rain. We sure need it!

More Later... 

I went over to Dollar General and bought more wet cat food.

I left for Coffeyville and my hair appointment about 8:30AM. I got that done at 9:00AM and then got a pedicure. It had been awhile. In March the pedicure will go up to $45.00. I used to pay $35.00 but in the meantime it had gone up to 40.00. Now it will go up to $45.00 in March. After that I went to the senior center and sat in the bridge room and read in my latest library book. We started playing the card game, "Skipbo", at 1:00PM and played until 3:30PM. There were  five of us and we had a good time. 

When I got home the lawn mower was nowhere to be found. I assumed John had taken it home to do the work. Sure enough! He did and it started for him the third pull on the starter. He put two filters in it and filled it with gas and oil. He and Leslie brought it home to me this evening. It may be too early in the season to mow. I will check with them and ask.

More Later..It's 6:00PM now and I may take my bath. I did.. then read until bedtime at 8:30PM. 

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

John is a good son in law! You have lots of family blessings to be thankful for.