Sunday, May 19, 2024

Sunday and Church

 I was up at 4:30AM, dressed, made my bed and got myself ready for the day.

After checking out the weather, I opened the front door and found Grey waiting for his breakfast. I fixed it with both dry cat food and wet cat food and he ate what he wanted of it and  left the rest for Whitey. She/he came over to the bowl with what was left in it an ate most of it.

I caught the weather forecast too. Here it is: Today is to be 88 degrees and sunny, tomorrow is to be 89 degrees and mostly sunny, Tuesday is to be 85 degrees and scattered thunderstorms,  Wednesday is t be 78 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday is to be 81 degrees and PM thunderstorms, Friday is to be 85 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 91 degrees and isolated thunderstorms. That's the week! Looks like three days of rain or thunderstorms.

I started the coffeecake and got it in the oven at 350 degrees and for 45 minutes. When it was finished I put the glaze on it and left for church at 8:00AM.. I had some Chai Latte and coffeecake there.

Leslie and John came a little later and Karan too. All in all we ended up with 13 in the congregation. Melissa spoke and did a nice job. Leslie used the computer and projector and did the church school. She also did a nice job.

Phyllis and I went to Eggbert's for lunch. They were very busy and noisy and I had my usual parfait and iced tea and Phyllis had a sandwich. They seated us at the north side and it was very loud in there. It took a long time for us to be served.

When I got home. I went back to my book. I was not impressed. I finished the first one and took it to the book drop at the library earlier this morning before I left for church. 

This evening I will try once again to use Zoom for the evening service for the Mission Center. Leslie came here yesterday and walked me through the steps again. I hope I can remember them. I did make notes. We will see.

More Later,,

No comments: