Thursday, May 23, 2024

Thursday and One Day of Storms

I was up at 4:00AM this morning and dressed and made my bed and got myself ready for the day.

When I opened the front door, Blondie was out there waiting for his breakfast so I fixed it. I am nearly out of wet cat food so will need to go to Dollar General and buy more this morning after they open at 8:00AM. It's 5:55AM now so I have awhile to wait.

Whitey came and finished off some of Blondie's wet food. Then later Grey came and I gave him the other half of Blondie's wet food.  It's 6:25AM now. I have an hour and a half to wait for Dollar General to open.

But I did catch "the weather on the 8's" and here it is for the week. Today is to be 83 degrees and partly cloudy,  tomorrow is t be 82 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Saturday is to be 87 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday is to be 86 degrees and mostly sunny, Monday is to be 81 degrees and sunny, and Tuesday is to be 86 degrees and mostly sunny. That's the week! Looks like Friday is the only day for thunderstorms. Maybe I can mow one day this coming week.

More Later... 

I went out front after the cats left and cleaned out a lot of leaves from under the hedge. It's not perfect but it's a lot better. Then I swept off the sidewalk and put the leaf bag in the garage. If I can mow the back yard this week before Keith and Esther come that will be something else anyhow. They are to be here tomorrow. I cleaned the house last week and will do some more cleaning before they get here tomorrow. I don't know when to expect them. They are having breakfast with a couple of couples Keith has kept in touch with for years. Then they will leave...perhaps by afternoon. I guess I will know when I see them!

More Even Later... 

I decided after I cleaned up the leaves under the hedge that I would mow the back yard. I had gone down to Copan for lunch..by myself...Sally didn't get back to me after I left her a message about what I wanted to do about lunch. That worked out fine. It's 78 degrees now and I am plenty hot! I will drink some water and rest..I am plenty sweaty.

It's 1:48PM now. I will get back to my book. I took the first one down to the book drop at the library.

More Even Later...

I read the second book today. I will take it to the book drop tomorrow.

I had an e-mail from Esther. They have a two hour layover in Chicago and then they leave for Wichita. From there after a day with friends, and breakfast with them, they will come to visit the rest of us for five days, from May 24th until May 29th.

I plan to go to bed around 9:00PM. I am still plenty tired!

I am looking forward to seeing Keith and Esther.

 

No comments: