Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Convention


The Democratic convention turned out to be really good. It's true some of the speeches were dull but those that weren't were really inspiring. I loved Hillary's and really loved Bills. He had his written speech before him on the podium but never even glanced at it. And, he nailed everything against the Bush administration. I think history will eventually mark the Bush administration as the biggest failure in history and Bush the worst and most stupid president. The Republican party and clueless Bush have undone everything that Clinton was able to accomplish in just eight years. And, believe it or not, and regardless of his moral failures, I think history will finally see Clinton as the best president ever....certainly the most intelligent.

But probably one of the most ineffective people in congress is Nancy Pelosi, the do-nothing chair. I have yet to figure out why she didn't investigate the Bush administration and prosecute Bush and Cheney for their crimes but perhaps history will eventually figure that out for me. I have lost any respect I ever had for her.

I don't know if I can bring myself to watch the Republican convention or not.

I got these pictures of Bush at the Olympics and saved them so I thought I would post them and see if others thought they were authentic. He looks drunk to me.

What a boob!

7 comments:

Sansego said...

It's simple...Nancy Pelosi made deals with someone or else someone has goods on her that she doesn't want exposed.

Bush might leave office without paying a price, but it's up to the verdict of history. People need to become historians and make sure the truth about the Bush years are written, documented, preserved, and taught. We mustn't let anyone whitewash history to make Bush look good twenty years from now (knowing how much Republicans love to wax nostalgic about "the good ole days").

I don't understand why you still claim to be a Republican. Why don't you join the Democrats finally? We don't bite!

Beth said...

I made a comment earlier, but apparently it didn't go through. But what I said was this: I would write about politics on my blog except for the fact that when I even think about the Bush administration and its policies, I become so angry, I'm incapable of writing coherently.
I'm not completely enthusiastic about Obama, but you can be sure I'll be at the polls on Election Day, voting for the change I wish I could beleive in and praying that Obama may be able to bring it about.

Judy said...

I think Nancy Pelosi is out of her mind and Bush is a nut case. I watched both Clintons make their speeches. They were both great but Bill is still the best speaker. You are right that Bush will go down in history as the worst president ever!

Margie's Musings said...

I stay a republican for two reasons. This is Kansas and if you want a valid vote, you almost have to be Republican. Many Republicans run unopposed by a Democrat.

Second, I write a lot of letters to the editor of my newspapers that get printed and when I criticize the Republican administration I always admit I have always been a registered Republican and am ashamed of the party anymore.

That gives me some credibility with those of my party. If I were registered Democrat, they would just say "What else do you expect from a Democrat?"

It's not the same party Eisenhower represented when he warned us about the domination of the military complex in the future.

Betty said...

Margie, I don't feel that either party is the same as when they started out, but I think the Democrats are trying to get back to their roots. At least, I hope so. I have had occasion to be disappointed in the Dems, but never enough to vote Republican. lol

patsy said...

i am proud of clinton.

Sansego said...

I had heard that Bush was seen drunk at the Olympics, but none of the mainstream media reported on it. I don't understand why? I remember how they had no reservations about discussing every detail of Clinton's affair with Monica, without regard that they were discussing it during the evening news when children might be watching. Yet there's a complete blackout on any report of our president drunk and making an ass out of himself overseas.

The media might keep Americans ignorant of this, but you can bet that the foreign media has reported it. Americans don't seem to realize that Bush is the most hated world leader and how can our country look good if the whole world knows what an incompetent idiot he truly is!

It doesn't surprise me that he'd return to alcohol. He has to know on some level that his presidency is a colossal failure. What's most interesting about the photo where the secret service is helping him up is how detached Laura seems, walking away completely unconcerned for her husband's safety! That should be run on the news 24/7 the way they aired Clinton's sexual affair.