Monday, August 25, 2008

Juanita's Doctor Appointment


Today was my friend Juanita's doctor appointment in Bartlesville. She had a night cough for eight weeks so we got her an appointment with the eye, ear, nose and throat doctor. Unfortunately, by the time her appointment finally rolled around, the cough had been gone for six nights. I took her anyhow. I figured she needed to be checked out by a real caring doctor. He did check her out and could find nothing wrong except a deviated septum and allergies. He did tell her that the stress she had over her daughter's health could have caused the cough.

After the doctor's appointment, we went to the Wal Mart store and then to the mall. There she bought a new top.

She talked all day. She needed someone to hear about her fears. She's 86 and her 60 year old daughter is dying of cancer.

The white haired woman sitting partly with her side to the photo is Juanita.

4 comments:

Judy said...

I am glad your party went so well. Your tables look so pretty in the picture. I am sure your friend loves bending your ear. I bet she is very grateful for all that you do and to have such a great friend in you.
Most of the time when Bob and I go somewhere I drive and he talks. Maybe, that is the only time I am quiet or something because he never stops talking when we are in the car. Most of the time I am o.k. with it but sometimes it really gets on my nerves especially if we are in a lot of traffic!

Margie's Musings said...

I can understand that, Judy. Sometimes I lose focus when someone is talking to me while I drive. I may make the wrong turn.

Beth said...

Juanita is fortunate to have a friend like you to talk to. Listening is a real ministry, I think. And she must feel so sad. It's so heartbreaking to lose your child--no matter what age you or they are.

Margie's Musings said...

Isn't that the truth. She will have outlived two children. That is such a tragedy.