Sunday, August 24, 2008

An Even Bigger Day


This is Sunday and it is always a big day around here but today will even be bigger. When I got in last evening I made potato salad for eight so it would sit overnight in the frig and get better. This morning I got up and did my regular stuff...fed the dog and cat and watered them both, fixed the dog a piece of cinnamon toast and fed it to him. Then I took him for a short walk. That's good for both of us.

I read the papers and then got ready for church. I was presiding this morning so that takes a little preparation..plus, I had printed the bulletin and needed to go in early to run it off on the print copier. We came home after church and re-heated our chili from Friday. That's what we had for lunch since we are having the eight for dinner tonight.

Then we put the leaves in the table and the pad on it then I put on a table cloth and set the table and got it ready for tonight.

This afternoon, I made out 11 "We missed you at church" cards and inserted the bulletin in the envelope with them and addressed them on the computer, got them stamped and out on the mailbox.

Now in about an hour, I need to put the ham in the oven and start my baked beans. One of the fellows coming is bringing hot bread and one couple is bringing a salad and another couple is bringing dessert so my part of the dinner is going to be finished. Afterward we will watch a Bishop Spong video and discuss it.

This a great group. Four of them cannot come this evening since this is an "extra" meeting and they had previous plans. But there are two Baptists, three Methodists (with a guest), and two Community of Christ persons. Missing are one of the Community of Christ who works for FEMA and the two Presbyterians. Also missing is our agnostic.

As you can see in the above photo, my table is all ready.

4 comments:

Sansego said...

wow...sounds like fun! Wish I lived closer so I could participate. I like Spong's ideas. Didn't know he had a video, though. Will have to see if I can locate it.

Margie's Musings said...

You can probably find it at the inner city library exchange, Nicholas.

I wish you could be here too. This is a great group.

Linda said...

I'm always on the defense against church groups but this one sounds great. I suspect you are the secret ingredient that keeps this group in harmony. I've never been fortunate enough to run into a group like the one you describe.

Margie's Musings said...

It's just wonderful, Linda and very ecumenical. There are now 14 of us and we are going to discuss splitting into two groups when we meet again next Sunday evening.

The second group will watch and discuss the Saving Jesus DVDs.

The first group will continue the Living the Questions DVDs.