Monday, February 28, 2011

First Day

Today will be the first day of my job training on the job. I dread it. I don't know why except that I am busy and happy and I hate to have to go looking for a job at my age. Who will actually hire a 75 year old woman who wants only part time. It's not going to happen. And the training is going to cut into my life so badly. Oh well, nothing to be done but do it.

I had a good time at Jack and Marilyn's last night. They are so hospitable and it was good of them to invite me. A single person just doesn't really fit in with couples but they invited me anyhow. That was so good of them.

I slept well even though we had a heck of a thunderstorm with tornado warnings and light hail. I didn't go to bed until 10:30 and that was helpful. I let the animals in the kitchen because of the storm and the wind. They probably would have been soaked because of the wind. Slinky slept until 4:00 and then needed to go out. After he came back in and I went back to bed, he began barking for his breakfast. So I put him back out for an hour. At 5:30 I put his breakfast out there on the patio and he ate it and was quiet for awhile but lonely. So I let him back in. He is lying her eat my feet on his cushion now.

More later....

I got home after 1:00 and my daughter called to see how my day went. It was very busy. The woman who is training me had not filed since the first of the year. The auditors had been in and after their audit, there were dozens and dozens of files of invoices that needed to be re-filed. I explained all this to Leslie then asked about Carletta, who has been dying this week. Leslie had not called so she called as soon as we hung up. She called me right back. Carletta had passed away two hours earlier. The family did not want anyone to come out today so after I called the congregation I went to the store and bought some sympathy cards and wrote on them and got them in the mail.

Then I called Melissa, the daughter, back... just to be sure they didn't want me to come out. They were doing fine and did not want any company. The family will have a private funeral and then a little later have a Celebration of Life.

I finished all that by 4:00 and had not eaten anything all day so I stopped at Braums and bought a hamburger and french fries. When I got home I fed the animals and read the paper. I called Marilyn about a job advertised in there. She is looking for a bookkeeping job for a friend.

Then I talked to the president of the CMA, Mark, about the agenda and printed it and the minutes off. After I call in our reservations, I will need to go out to church tomorrow afternoon and make copies for Thursday's meeting. Busy, busy, busy.

Tonight I will sit and watch TV. I believe American Experience is on. I am exhausted.

4 comments:

clairz said...

Good luck today. I'll be thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, Good luck from me, too. I awoke to tornado sirens this morning at 5 a.m. Guess we all got storms last night. It is supposed to rain here all day. Guess I will make soup. Hope you have a good week. I am glad to hear you knew what chocolate gravy was. I think Balisha thought I was crazy. lol.

Balisha said...

You'll be in my thoughts today as well. Good luck.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

What a day! What a busy day! Whew!!