Sunday, February 27, 2011

Nice Sunday

We had a nice group at church this morning and a good discussion in Church School class. The sermon was good too. Afterward six of us went out to eat together. Then after I got my newsletters out, I went to the reception for Gerald Morris, the retiring pastor of Grace Fellowship here in town. They had a huge cake and great punch and plans for their retirement. He had been a minister for 45 years.

Then this afternoon, my eldest son called to say he and his fiance are getting married April 22nd in Sadona. I hope they are not rushing into anything. They have been dating seven months. I hope they will be happy. He is 55 (going on 56) and does not want to spend the rest of his life alone. He is in love and evidently she is too. I wish them the best.

Then Marilyn called and invited me to a party to watch the Academy Awards. I am not terribly interested in the Academy Awards but I never turn down an invitation. Someone told me after Bob died to always accept invitations. When you start turning them down, they stop asking you.

I am grateful for such good friends.

It is 68 degrees here today...earlier it was 70 degrees. If it stays this warm, the animals will be staying out overnight and I may get a good night's sleep.

4 comments:

marlu said...

Margie, you got our forecast! Hope the storms I see on the radar miss your area. . .
Congratulations to your son.
L. and I knew each other 3 1/2 months and we've been married 58 years last August. Sometimes it just works out great. mln

Balisha said...

Hi Judy...Have fun tonight. Congrats to your son.Hope you get a good night's sleep.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

This will be my son's sixth marriage. He is a sweetheart with a track record of choosing the wrong women. I pray this one is the right woman.

I knew Bob two weeks and our marriage ended with his death the month after our 56th anniversary.

So I know what you mean. 100 times during that 56 years, our marriage would have ended if we had not been so determined that it work. As we got older, the problems evaporated.

marlu said...

You are so right, Margie. It takes determination to make it work and the ability to forgive and to have regret for some of the dumb things we all say and do!