Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Second Day

I couldn't make it last night. I went to bed at 8:30 and was woke up with a phone call at 9:00. I got right back to sleep though. I was so tired. Today after I get off my work training, I will call in the number coming for lunch at CMA. Then I need to see my sister, Phyllis, and Gerry. Then I'll go out to Denny's and see if I can be helpful in any way. Duplicating the CMA minutes and agenda can wait until tomorrow when I go to Independence to get my hair cut. I go right by the church.

Slinky slept in the kitchen last night. It was too cold outside. I did wait until he barked to get in though. He slept through the night till almost 5:00. I got up at 5:00 as I always do and did my white laundry and the sheets. The white laundry is in the dryer now. I have yet to get dressed. I am sitting here in my robe. I fixed oatmeal this morning since I had no breakfast yesterday morning. Then I got so busy calling the congregation about Carletta's death, that I also forgot lunch. I kept several spoonfuls of oatmeal for myself and gave the rest to Slinky. He was ecstatic. He loves oatmeal!

More later....

I was just as busy today. She had a lot of work for me to do today but she did come up with a small desk for me. I organized files all morning.

After I got home, Melissa called to tell me the plans for the Celebration of Life for her mother. I had called everyone yesterday but I started calling them back. I sent out an e-mail but many do not check their e-mail regularly. So I delegated the rest of the calling this time. And my daughter will take care of the veggie tray and meat and cheese tray after the private funeral on Thursday morning. I went to see Phyllis and Gerry and later visited Bob and when I got home I had a message that the church they had intended to use was not available.

So this time I called everyone back myself and told them about the change to the First Baptist Church.

I had planned to go to the reunion grounds on Saturday and work the work day. But the family would be hurt so I will attend the Celebration of Life instead.

This evening I am trying to find something to watch on TV. There simply isn't much anymore.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Glad they found you a desk.I imagine it would be hard to be on your feet all day. I hope things work out for you. Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

So do I, Balisha. So far, so good.