Friday, March 4, 2011

Big Day At Work

Bob A. called and asked me to go to breakfast with him before I left for work so I did that. I got home in time to pick up my own car and go to work.

Today, my supervisor had me going through old files and boxing up the older ones to be stored. I spent four hours doing that and assembling the boxes as I went. Was I tired when I finished! Later, one of the supervisors came in and told me her fiscal year was October to September. That meant that I had to go back through two boxes and take out October, November and December 2009 and then re-file them. They don't completely close out and put it away in storage yet. They may need to refer to some of those files. Big job!

I am now waiting for Windsor Place to finish their noon meal so I can go see Phyllis and Jerry. If I have time, I may drive down to Bartlesville this afternoon.

I should clean my bathrooms this afternoon. It is misting outside. But we will see what I decide later.

More later....

I went to see Phyllis and Gerry at Windsor place and Gerry was not in her room. Phyllis was there, asleep in her chair. I took her hand and she woke up. I tried to visit with her a bit. She wanted to tell me something but could not find the words....something about Diana. Then she began to cry. I tried to comfort her but she could not be consoled. It must be terribly frustrating. Finally after about ten minutes or so, I told her I was upsetting her and I would come back at a later time.

Then I stopped at SEKTAM and left a job application and resume' before coming home. Monday I will stop at the library and try to apply there. I figure if I try one application a day, that will satisfy my job search.

Carletta's Celebration of Life is today at 10:00. I will pick up Bob A. after 9:30. The papers got the time wrong and I don't know whether it will begin at 10:00 as Melissa told me and I told everyone I called or at 10:30 as the papers said. But we will play it safe. I may go to Bartlesville with Leslie after the Celebration of Life.

Then last evening, I had a call from Bobby Maritt. Karan had had her knee surgery and was sick to her stomach. She was supposed to have read Melissa's statement this morning but Bobby said the hospital would not release her until she stopped throwing up. He did not know when they would get home from Parsons. But he said I should go over to the family time at the funeral home and tell Melissa about it. I left Slinky asleep in the kitchen..barricaded in.. and went over there and told Melissa. It's good that I signed the book and then came on back home because Slinky was awake and restless.

Then later in the evening Dave Q called needing directions to the funeral home. He is in town to actually do the funeral part of the celebration and is staying at a motel. I gave him directions. Then I went in and took my bath and put my PJ's on. I was exhausted. I watched TV until 8:30 and then just gave up and went to bed.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Hi Margie...I hope that you can get a job at your library. I think that it would be a perfect fit for you. Your love of books and all the knowledge that you have would be a boon to that sort of job.
Have a nice weekend...Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha. Two years ago, I applied for that job at the library. They hired a college student. Two years later they advertised again. This time the ad said "this would be the perfect part time job for a high school of college student". I got the drift. But I will try again.