Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Third Day on Training

This has been another busy day but fun. I spent the morning organizing the files at the office. Then I went by and picked up my brother-in-law and he went to Independence with me to meet Leslie for lunch. We had a nice lunch and then after we took Leslie back she showed us her new car. It is a Toyota Rav 4. It's silver and it has a number of great features...including warmed leather seats and hands off cell phone.

Then I went in and had my haircut and hair done while my brother-in-law walked around town for thirty minutes and got some exercise. We stopped by the church on the way home and I did some duplicating of the agenda for tomorrow's CMA meeting and also the minutes.

I then took him home and came home myself. I fed the animals and read the papers.

Keith called this evening. I had a nice visit with him. My kids are wonderful about calling me almost every day. Leslie usually calls every morning on her way to work. Scott called this morning and so I have heard from them all.

Our idiotic supreme court has ruled in favor of the "church" that pickets the funerals of our service men and women. It's obvious none of them have children in the service of their country.

I guess I will just read tonight. There isn't a thing on TV worth watching.

4 comments:

pat m said...

I agree with the supreme court...if you are going to have free speech...then free speech needs to be for all...even the idiots. once you start limiting free speech then you are on a slippery slope of loss freedoms. And I was in the service.

Betty said...

I don't think the Supreme Court could find otherwise, actually, much as I would like to gag those ignorant people from that so-called church. Of course, there's nothing stopping the families being harassed from bringing a civil lawsuit against the church and each individual member. Enough lawsuits and no matter how they turn out, the church will lose lots of money defending them. Hopefully.

ChuckFu said...

I hate that the supreme court indorses their right to picket, but I do agree with the decision, I am agreement with Betty, sue them so much that the church goes broke and can't afford to send the idiot members anywhere

Margie's Musings said...

Oh, I have to agree that their constitutional rights must be protected. But suing them constantly like Betty suggests will cost them nothing. The pastor's children are all lawyers. Including their woman spokesperson.