Saturday, March 5, 2011

Another Celebration of Life

Today was Carletta's Celebration of Life. It was very well done and Dave Quick did the sermon. Steve, her son, spoke at length about his mother and her life. Every single person of our congregation attended. Bill would have been there if he could have found someone to work for him. There must have been hundreds of people there. It's a good thing we did have it at the First Baptist Church. It was full.

I picked up Bob A. at 10:00 and we saw a lot of people we knew there. After the service was over, Leslie and I invited him to go with us to Bartlesville. He was going to go but changed his mind before we left. Leslie was going to have the seat belt repaired in the Honda. They had to order the part so she will have to go back on Tuesday to have it installed.

We went to the Washington Park Mall afterward and had a small salad at Garfield's. Leslie has done so well on her new diet. She has lost ten pounds. You can really tell it too. I bought a new spring purse and a jacket off the 75% off rack at Dillard's. The jacket cost me $11.71. Then I found a real nice jean jacket for Jeromy's (my grandson) birthday in April. So it was a productive trip.

When I got home, I washed my car and vacuumed it out. Now all I have to do is dust it inside. It looks a lot better. Bob A. came over and brought me a piece of apple pie he had made this afternoon. I ate it all for my supper. It was very good.

I will have to put Slinky in the kitchen again tonight. It will be down in the 20's later tonight.

Inky came back yesterday and he had lost weight. I hadn't seen him in two or three weeks. I fed him last night and he came back this morning and again tonight. I like him a lot because hes a loving cat..unlike Missy who spits and hisses if she doesn't get her way. I am out of cat treats and she is really unhappy about that.

I am tired this evening. I am going to try to stay awake and go to bed later tonight. I have taken the sermon for Melissa tomorrow. Carletta was her mother. She would not have been able to do the sermon.

No comments: