Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

This is Good Friday and a day off work. It's supposed to storm today or I would go to Joplin just for something different to do. I guess I'll clean house instead. My yard needs mowing again after the rain yesterday but that isn't going to happen. It's supposed to rain until Wednesday. By then, I'll have to bale it.

I'd like to get my hanging baskets but they are $13.95 and up. Last year I got them on sale for $5.00 each and I bought five. I may not get any this year unless they have a sale.

The crape myrtle are greening up. They won't bloom until fall though. The rose of sharon are also greening up. When they bloom, they bloom all summer. The peonies are ready to burst open as soon as we get some sunshine. They will be lovely for a little while. And the clematis are also budded up. I can hardly wait until my flowers are in bloom. I want to scrub the patio later and re-paint it with concrete paint. It looks horrible. The roofers have agreed to power wash and paint my swing. The hailstorm really got it. It too looks horrible. I painted it last spring but you'd never know it now. I also need to re-paint the framework on the patio cover.

I can't do anything with the patio until they replace the cover. Only the patio cover will be replaced since the hailstorm got it too. Strange...the carport cover, which is also made of corrugated fiberglass, is fine. Of course the carport is a lot newer. Bob built it in 2003. Lord only knows how long the patio cover has been there...probably through many hailstorms.

So much to do and so little time. I am a morning person. If I don't get it done in the morning, it doesn't get done. But I am working mornings.

Next week, in order to take my brother-in-law to Bartlesville to the doctor for his colonoscopy, I will work an extra 45 minutes each day Monday through Thursday. Then I will take Friday off. He will need to come home with me until he has recovered enough to go home. The doctor told him he would need to be with someone for 24 hours but he thinks that's an extreme. They said they had had some bad experiences and so they have instituted this new protocol.

Well, enough of this rambling. I need to get to work on the cleaning. I guess I will start with the kitchen. Everything looks neat and clean but I know better. It's been a week.

I got the kitchen floor washed and waxed. It looks nice but will need twenty minutes to dry, I'm sure. So here I am blogging again. By the way, this is my new roof. I like the color. It is called slate.

No comments: