Thursday, April 21, 2011

Very Busy Thursday

I went to work this morning and just as I was getting out of the car, Scott called. I visited with him a minute or two then went on to work. It was another very busy day at work. When I got off, Bob A. called me just as I was going out of the door. His adjuster had called and came out early this morning. So he wanted to know if I wanted to go to Independence and eat at Big Cheese after all. I did want to go. Leslie met us there and I gave her Sunday's offering too.

After I got home I discovered the roofers were there. They were putting my new roof on and it looked like it could rain any moment. Sure enough after they had the back on and were only a quarter of the way through with the front, it started raining. They stopped and stayed in the garage for awile and then when it let up, they climbed back up there and finished the job. Then they cleaned up my yard and drive beautifully. They said if by some chance I should develop a ceiling stain from a leak, they would come back and paint the ceiling with Kilz and paint it too.

I watched them all afternoon. They were scared of Slinky so I brought him into the kitchen when they needed to get into the back yard. He wouldn't hurt a flea but just to play it safe, I brought him in. Of course, he was delighted.

I stayed home tonight. It's supposed to storm until next Wednesday. Just what I need. I hope it doesn't hail again. I will have my car out Monday and Tuesday when I have to work. I don't work tomorrow (Good Friday) and not again until Monday.

No comments: