Monday, August 15, 2011

Another Busy Day

I need to get my animals fed this morning and have a little breakfast before daylight.

Yesterday evening I watched a Barbra Streisand special on PBS. I always loved her voice when I was young. She seems to have lost a little of her volume with age but I still love to hear her sing. I stayed up until 10:00 to hear it all.

I am going out to see Phyllis at 10:00 this morning and then out to church to pick up the school supplies the congregation has bought. I need to get them over to Caney before school starts on Wednesday.

I would like to contact my friend, Nancy, over there and see if she could have lunch with me. Last time I invited her she had a doctor's appointment and couldn't go with me. That was the day I went to Bartlesville last Monday.

Just got back from my walk with Slinky. He loves his walk. This morning he chose to go six blocks...a lot further then he usually wants to go. We got to the bottom of the hill and he looked up there and considered and then turned to go a different way. He does not like climbing that hill anymore. And usually only walks four blocks. I can tell he's getting really old at 13.

I went out to church about 9:30 and got the school supplies. Then I went to visit Phyllis and Gerry. After that, I took the school supplies to Caney to the elementary school. They were very glad to get them.

I saw Bob A. at Windsor and he had heard from the doctor's office this morning and they changed his Wednesday appointment to early morning. So I will not be going down with him to see the oncologist after all. I will be working early morning. Tuesday afternoon, I have my clinic board meeting at 11:45. Now I have nothing going on Wednesday. Thursday I have my hair appointment for my cut and color. So Friday we will go down to Bartlesville for lunch after I get off work at noon. His daughter gave him a lot of free dinners at the Monterrey House down there and he is going to share them with me. How about that!

This afternoon I mowed. There's a chance of rain tonight and tomorrow night and I needed to mow again. I checked the tires on the mower and they were all very low. I drug out Bob's compressor and got it plugged in and put air in the tires. The front tires say 30 psi and they are small and the back tires, which are larger say 14 psi. So I got all of them aired up at the correct psi and mowed. I could sure tell they had needed air.

My left knee has swelled up and I have not felt well all day. I think I might have hurt the burse working on it from time to time. I will take it easy with it and baby it a bit. I think it is running a temp. It's 9:00 and I think I will just go on to bed.

No comments: