Saturday, August 20, 2011

Nice Saturday

So far, Saturday has been really nice. I met Bob A. for breakfast this morning and then came home to clean up my car. I vacuumed and shampooed the carpet and upholstery and it came out really nice. Then I Armoralled the dash and all the hard surfaces and it looks better than it has in ages.

I went out to see Phyllis at 9:50 and she was sleeping in her chair. I took her hand and thought she might awaken but she didn't. She woke up briefly for just long enough to answer me when I asked her if she was tired. She said, "Yes, I am" then she went back to sleep. I sat with her for 30 minutes or so and then went down the hall to see Gerry. Gerry was playing Bingo so I didn't stop her to visit.

I will leave in a little while to go to the 50th anniversary celebration of Bill and Lana over at Caney. It begins at 2:00.

The temperature today is not bad so far. It's only 86 out there at 1:00. That's nicer then it has been a awhile. Slinky can handle outdoors when it's like this. There was a nice breeze this morning at 7:30.

More later...

I went on to the anniversary celebration at Caney and saw many people I knew from my time living there. I got home about 3:30. Among others, I enjoyed seeing Tim R. as I had not seen him in years. He asked about Scott and I told him the news about my family. He has sold his business and is moving to Salina. There are jobs there.

Anyhow, I got home and did some more laundry. I even washed Slinky's rugs. They were quite dirty. I pressed some slacks and a blouse to wear tomorrow to church. I have taken my bath now and have been watching TV. It is almost 8:00 and the temperature is only 85.

No comments: