Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday At Last

I'm glad Friday finally came. There wasn't quite as much for me to do at work today. I finished everything up by 10:15 and had some time to waste. Still it's nothing like the other workplace. If Bonnie had worked the last two days, I would still have been swamped. I finished filing everything for Sally and Lynnette today.

When I got home Bob A. picked me up and we went to Bartlesville to eat at a Mexican restaurant, Monterrey House. His Wisconsin daughter sent guest cards to him for his birthday. The trouble is...she sent $85.00 worth of gift cards. So he has asked me to help him use them. I am happy to do that. He is planning to take his Coffeyville daughter and her family out for dinner for her birthday on September 10th. That will be nice. She does so much to help him and her mother.

When I got home around 3:30 - 4:00 o'clock, Slinky was really hot and ready to come into the kitchen. He has been in ever since. It's a little after 6:00 now.

Tomorrow Bob A. and I will go to breakfast at Eggberts. Then later that day I will go to Bill and Lana's 50th wedding anniversary celebration over at Caney. It being held between 2:00 and 4:00 on Saturday afternoon.

Richard is supposed to come look at my fence this weekend. I asked him for an estimate on what it would take to fix it. I probably can't afford it. But the fence is leaning. When Bob built it, he thought the steel posts from the chain link fence he was replacing were set in concrete and did not want to try to get them out so he attached the new privacy fence to those posts. It wasn't too long until it became apparent that those posts were not set in concrete and the fence began to lean a little. He wanted to get it fixed himself but he got sick before he could do that. So I've asked Richard to come look at it and give me a ball park figure on what it would take to set some four by fours in concrete and attach the fence to them.

I want to paint that fence this fall after it cools down but I want to be sure it won't come down with the first hard wind before I spend all that money and time having it repaired and painting it. I have several nice projects lined up for fall. I hope my energy holds up. I want to wash the patio off and paint it with cement paint again. Then I want to paint that fence and the trim on the house. I want to clean out the shed and garage. I want to trim back my spirea bush and mulch the flowerbeds for winter. I did get the Rose of Sharon trimmed back so I can mow under it.

No comments: