Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Better Tuesday

I slept pretty well last night even with the sore knee. I took an Aleve before I went to bed and that allowed me to sleep well. This morning the knee seems better. I took my temperature this morning and I have no fever. That's good! I feel better this morning too.

When it gets light I will take Slinky for his walk and afterward close to 9:00 I want to get my trimming done before I leave for my meeting of the MC3 board in Independence. I will stop following the meeting at Big Cheese and get a mini pizza for lunch. I'll see if Leslie wants to meet me there. She didn't think the house needed cleaning this morning so I'll do it next Tuesday. By then, it should need it.

I don't have anything else on the agenda today.

Scott called this morning and he and I visited for awhile. It was good to hear from him again. He calls at least two or three times a week. Keith has tried to call several times to Skype but he calls after I go to bed and I am not at the computer. I notice in the morning that he has tried to page me. My kids are wonderful about staying in touch.

Scott called me again when I got to Independence for my meeting. He has figured out a way to get that car he wants without having to finance it. I hope that works out for him. He needs a break.

I attended my meeting, took my notes and went to Big Cheese to eat a mini pizza. Then I came home and wrote up my minutes and sent them on the Susie. It always takes me a long while to do those minutes because they have to include so much detail.

Anyhow, I heard Slinky barking a little bit ago and went out to check on him. I don't really think it's that hot but he was miserable so I let him into the kitchen. He is cooling off now. I gave him a Beggin' Strip. He loves those and always sits down promptly for any treat. I seldom give him a treat because then he expects them. But every once in awhile I break down and give him one.

I have a hard time convincing him that he must eat his dog food in the mornings if he wants oatmeal. He just loves oatmeal. If he had his druthers, he would just skip the dog food altogether. But I buy him Iams, which is pretty expensive and it's supposed to be a real good dog food. Oatmeal shouldn't hurt him but he really needs his dog food.

No comments: