Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday At Last!

It's Friday..I don't know why I'm in such a rush for it to get here. Maybe it's because next week looks quieter. At least at this point it looks quieter. The only things on the calendar for next week are the cakes I take to Independence on Tuesday morning, a library board meeting that evening at 5:00, my hair appointment on Wednesday afternoon and the hospital's open house on Friday afternoon.

I slept like a baby last night, and thank goodness, so did the animals. Both of them slept through the night. It's 31 degrees out there so they needed to be in the house.

I covered my faucets last evening and it's good that I did. I did forget to turn on the lightbulb in the garage next to the water pipes coming into the frig. They didn't freeze though. I need to remember to do that today. When it gets cold enough, those pipes freeze. I've been lucky over the years that they have never broken. I have an old heat lamp that I put a big bulb in and clip onto the pipes out there. That usually works with enough heat to keep the water in those pipes from freezing. They were wrapped with foam coverings but that wrapping didn't keep them from freezing.

I went to a Democratic meeting last night with Marilyn and Jack. I am a registered Republican though. Anyhow Marilyn invited me. She took a large casserole dish and others did too we ate dinner there. I hadn't realized it was also a dinner but Marilyn said she had enough for me too and not to worry about it. My feeling is this election coming up is going to turn out a lot of incumbants. People are sick of what congress has done....or not done. So they need to get someone on the ticket in this Republican state so people will have a choice.

This afternoon at 1:30, I meet with the librarian for orientation. I am the new board member.

Saturday I may go to the Relay for Life in Independence. I hate that it's at night. I don't like to drive at night. The deer are on the roads around here and I don't see as well at night as in daylight. I'm still debating about it.

No comments: