Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tuesday Again

I need to clean house here today. It's been a week. Then I want to go see my sister. Service Office and Supply will be calling for me to meet them at the church too..to deliver our new copier out there. It should be a busy morning. And I need to remember to call Windsor Place with the number of ministers that will be attending Thursday's meeting. I have nothing else on the calendar for today and Wednesday but Thursday I have that CMA meeting and Friday at 1:30 I meet the librarian at the library for board member orientation. Saturday Leslie wants me to come up to Independence for Relay for Life. I'll have to think about that one. Sunday Daylight Saving Time ends and I will set the clock back an hour before I go to bed Saturday night.

I heard from Keith today. He does not leave Iraq until Thursday now. That's two days later. I hope he gets out of there safely.

I have been following the Herman Cain presidential campaign now that his sexual harrassment charges have come out. His answers sound questionable. I watched his interview with Judy on PBS yesterday and frankly, he did not act like he was telling the entire truth. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. And frankly, I don't like his 7-7-7 plan because it will make the poor and middle class pay more taxes than they do now but it would help the rich. The rich really don't need any help.

This morning we had the church's new copy machine delivered and I set it up to use. After that Bob A. and I went to lunch and met Leslie there. When I got home, I had a message on my home phone. Everett, my cousin Pat's husband, called to tell me she had passed away this morning. She had not been sick and she was only 69. They think it was her heart. Her dad and only brother passed away very young. Her dad was 40 and her brother was 50. He will be lost. Everett was devoted to Pat. Leslie and I are sending flowers and I already sent a card and letter this afternoon.

I finally saw Phyllis about 1:00. She was awake and I had a fairly good visit. I stayed thirty minutes. I also saw Gerry.

No comments: