Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thursday Today

This will be a strange day. I will work until 11:00 and then go to Ministerial Alliance meeting.

It was a tiring night. Slinky slept in the kitchen. It was too cold and rainy for him outside on the patio. He woke me at 10:45 PM to get out to do his number and then again at 3:00 AM just to pee. I got right back to sleep after the 11:00 PM time but was just on and off after 3:00 AM. When I finally got back to sleep Missy woke me up wanting out. So I managed to sleep on and off all night. I hope the animals settle down after they get used to being in the house at night. I think it will be warm enough to put Slinky outside when I go to work. If not, he will have to spend the morning in the garage. I wil move his bed down by the hot water tank and trust it will take the edge off the cold. This winter will really be difficult. I will have to job hunt and also go to various meetings and he will spend a lot of time in the garage.

When it's chilly like this, I would just as soon spend time at home reading or posting on the computer. I do not like cold weather.

I took off work at 11:00 today so I could get to the meting before the others arrived. I walked in and voila! they were redecorating. They had the carpet rippe dup and were busy painting the walls. I asked what the plan was and was told we were to meet over at Assisted Living on Eighth Sreet. No one bothered to tell me. So all the ministers were coming to First Street instead. I sat in the car and called as many as I had cell numbers for. Then I taped a note on the front door of Windsor and left for Assisted Living.

All showed up except one. Maybe he couldn't make it at the last minute. Anyhow, after a scramble, we all got lunch...and a very good lunch it was. Then we had our meeting. Afterward, I came home to do the minutes, checked my e-mail and relaxed a bit.

Tomorrow at work, I will try to finish a huge project I started today.

2 comments:

Betty said...

Everyone is predicting a bad winter. I hope not. Good luck with your interview.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Betty, but it's an orientation. I'm a new board member.