Thursday, August 9, 2012

Another Thursday

I got a really good night's sleep last night...for a change.

Today I will clean bathrooms and the house should be clean. I will cook lunch today too. We are having chicken tenders, potatoes and gravy and a veggie. Bob will bring a salad or perhaps we will just have the tomatoes he left yesterday. I'll call and suggest that in a little while.

Tomorrow we have decided to go over to Just Us at Cherryvale. They have a great buffet and tomorrow I will be off work. He says that will give me a break from cooking. I am going to look up some more recipes today for next week. We need something new. I have used most of my "usual" fare.

I was very busy at work yesterday...just the way I like it. I got paid for this two weeks today. I will have to be very careful if I'm going to make it on my reduced hours pay.

It rained a little last night and I mean very little. There was nothing recorded in my rain gauge at all. But when I got up to let Missy out, it was raining. It was just enough to wet down the driveway a little.

More later...

We had a good dinner today. Tomorrow we will go to Just us and eat out. Saturday I will warm up our leftovers and we will eat them. I have several things to warm up...the chicken strips, beans, potatoes (I will fry these in Canola) and some veggies and tomatoes. Then I have strawberries and shortcake left too.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

It rained here just a drop. The weatherman said that it could rain all night. We were just anticipating waking up this morning to rain...what happened...no rain.
I get more in the mood to cook as it gets cooler. I love oven meals the most...meatloaf is one of my favorites.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

I love meatloaf and my recipe is a microwave recipe. It only takes about twenty five minutes.