Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wednesday Workday

This will be a difficult day. I did not sleep well after about 2:30. I woke up and took my meds and went to the bathroom but then began thinking about my mower problems. I will probably need to call Carter's again this morning. I want them to come get the mower and put a new battery in it and check it over. It's pretty old. We bought it in 2003 used. It's very difficult to work on since it's a Dixon. To even get to the battery the chassis needs to be removed. I am not mechanically literate and so I had to call a shop to come pick it up. They didn't get back with me on Monday morning and I was gone almost all Tuesday morning so I am hoping I can get them to come this morning.

Then, I also stewed about my car. It turned over 161,000 miles yesterday and it might need some serious service. I need to run it by Gary's Automotive and see what is necessary to be taken care of. It hasn't had a timing belt since 90,000 miles. It's never had a brake job either. The last time I had those checked out Gary said they were fine. These newer cars (2001 Honda Civic) don't need as much service as older ones if you don't ride the brakes. I will be driving to Independence, Missouri in September and I sure don't want it to break down while I'm driving by myself.

Now it's the switch on my microwave. It's not working correctly. I bought the microwave oven when we moved into this house in 2003. In just a few years the switch went out on it. That was $160.00. Now it's acting up again. This switch has never protruded like it should have anyhow. It's always something.

Why I allow myself to stew about things I can't control is beyond me. I usually don't do that. Maybe it's because I'm not sure if I can get by with my 16 hours of work a week. I will know tomorrow, when I get my first full check for the 32 hour per pay period.

Now, about dinner today. We are going to have hamburgers and french fries with baked beans. (kind of unhealthy, I know). We'll have some more iced tea too. I have some water packed peaches and I'm going to make cookies this morning so we'll have our first dessert. I cleaned up my Fry Daddy and will put new Canola oil in it.

I also need to do some housework. I will run the sweeper. I did the bare floors on Monday. Tomorrow I will clean bathrooms again.

More later...

Well, Carter's came to pick up the mower. I hope it won't cost me an arm and a leg but it has to be repaired. I need to mow soon. I am a little worried that the man who picked it up was not all that familiar with a Dixon mower but I did not want to call Sprague who is a dealer. I have not had a great experience with him. He is also a sign painter and I asked him for a quote on our church's sign a couple of years ago and after a month he still had not got back with me. I called to remind him but it did no good. So I hired another sign painter from Independence who did a great job on the sign. That did it for the local guy for me. So I called Carter's instead.

No comments: