Monday, April 29, 2013

What A Monday!

I didn't sleep well at all last night. I awoke at 3:00 with both arms hurting. Then my neck began hurting. I took an Alive but it didn't help a lot. Old age is not for sissys. Later this morning I'll call and see if I can get in to the doctor. Of course I don't expect him to know anything about my forearms hurting. After all he called my erysipelas "slapped child syndrome". That isn't terribly intelligent. But surely he knows enough to treat my blood pressure. After all, he was once a pharmacist. It will be interesting to see what he thinks about my arms.

I will go back out to church this morning and try to finish pricing all that stuff. I am not going to exercise class. That may be aggravating my arms problem. I did get a 2:30 doctor's appointment. In the meanwhile, I'm going back out to church to finish pricing my stuff.

More later...

It took me three hours but I did get all my stuff priced. Now all I have to do is get to my doctor's appointment at 2:30. I picked up Bob for lunch at Arby's and Leslie called and met us there too. She happened to be in town taking a client here.

I'll get back here again after my doctor's appointment.

I went to the doctor but he barely listened to me. I think it was a waste of time. He took my blood pressure and it was 147/80, not as bad as in the mornings. He doubled the dosage of the blood pressure pill. Then I told him about my arm pain. He thinks it's in the muscle. Duh! Of course it is. That's what I told him. He gave me ten days of an anti-inflammatory and had me take some blood tests to see what kind of inflammation I have. He discounted Bobby's idea of bone cancer. I don't think it is that either but he made that observation BEFORE he even sees the tests. I obviously do not have much confidence in him. For one thing, he does not listen. He's too busy making a diagnosis before he even has the results of his tests. But..I don't know who else I would go to.

No comments: