Friday, May 3, 2013

Another Better Night's Sleep

Again I slept better last night. I awoke at 11:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. I finally got up and took a melatonin. After about thirty minutes longer, I was finally able to sleep. I slept until quarter till five and then just got up and got around.

I have a hair appointment at 7:00 in Independence. Then I will pick up Bob at 11:00 or thereabouts and we will go to Chanute for lunch with Tony and Gay. It's been awhile since we've met them for lunch. The snow we got last night did not stick. That was strange for May 2nd.

I heard from Myra yesterday afternoon. It had been awhile. She had been to see her kids. They live in Montana and Iowa. She suggested we meet for lunch and I gave her some dates for next week. I haven't heard from her yet.

The doctor is supposed to call me back today about my blood tests. I don't believe he would have bothered if I hadn't called his office. Obviously, I am not impressed with him. But I have no idea who else I would to here and at my age I need a local doctor of some kind.

More later..

I went to exercise class this morning and just tried to avoid using my right arm. It's the one that hurts the worst most of the time.

Bob and I left for Chanute to have lunch with Gay and Tony and had a good visit. Later, on our way home, we heard a strange flapping noise and I pulled off the road onto the shoulder just in time. I had a flat. Luckily it didn't blow out. The entire inside of the tire came apart. I called for a tire repair and after about 45 minutes the man came to change the tire. He put the donut on but not before he noticed the trunk of my car had rusted out. The donut was rusted on and he had to force it off. He then followed me into town to the Dollar Tire store where I spent a little over $200 for a couple of new tires. The tire change itself probably cost me $100 so it was an expensive lunch. Not as expensive as it could have been though because I had been driving 69 miles per hour before hearing the noise.

I stopped by Gary's Automotive on the way home and learned I was almost ready for a brake job. I went ahead and scheduled it for the 20th of May. This will be an expensive month but not as expensive as work on the house would have been.

No comments: