Sunday, September 7, 2014

Sunday and Church

Sunday again....how the weeks fly by.

I slept very well last night in my own bed. I've always slept better at home.

We had a good time in Branson. After we went out to Silver Dollar City and found that they were closed on that Friday, we went into town and to The Landing. Christopher and Banks had a nice sale going  and both Karan and I bought a top and some earrings.  Then we went to Garfield's for fish and chips. They served way too much and I was only able to eat about half of it. I need to try to order half an order next time...if there is a next time. The trouble with eating out is they serve  such huge servings. That's absolutely stupid. No wonder there is so much obesity. No one needs that much food.

Then we went to the motel and checked in and all took naps.  Later we went to see Pierce Arrow. They always have a good show.  Bobby and Karan had never seen it. Both Phyllis and Myra had when they went with us last year.  It was changed quite a bit. Still it was entertaining. We went for ice cream afterwards.

Saturday Bob and I went across the street to Panera bread for a cup of coffee and a roll. Bobby and Karan had the motel's fare. Then we went to Wal Mart and each bought wine for home. Later we went out to Silver Dollar City again. It was misting but we all decided we would not melt and made up our minds to have a good time anyhow ...and we did.  I will post some photos after I charge the batteries on the camera.

Afterward we went to Olive Garden and had soup and salad. It was excellent as usual and not so much we were stuffed or had to leave any of it.  I had my usual zuppa toscana....a sausage and potato soup....spicy but excellent.

After that we checked out and drove home. Bob drove most of the way but I drove some too. He gets sleepy in the afternoon and has to fight to stay awake. We got home plenty early and later I had Bob start the mower for me and I mowed the front and my east side of the lawn. I started the back for him but ran out of gas so we will finish that later this afternoon after I get my congregational letters finished. It looks much better now anyhow.

I preside at church today and so will run the bulletins off when we get there at 9:00 or so.  

 The service went well. Afterward we went to Sirloin Stockade and had lunch. My daughter joined us after she left the hospital. She was on call this past week. She was called out every night and just as she was getting ready to come to church this morning she had a call from the hospital and she had to go to take care of the patient.

After I got home I did my newsletters and then helped Bob mow the back yard. Later he came over and we had a glass of wine and we watched some TV and then he went home and I took my bath and put my pjs on and finished this blog.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Sounds like you had a busy but fun time. I'll bet Missy loved having the house all to herself :)
Have a nice afternoon,
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Actually she hates being alone. There's no one to let her out on the carport. :)