Thursday, April 9, 2015

A Busy Thursday

I did my laundry this morning when I first got up at 5:15. I wanted to wash my sheets and towels and PJs.  Then I began my regular Thursday housecleaning. I got the bathroom and kitchen floors done first then vacuumed the carpet.  I didn't dust yet but I will get to that. I let Missy out again this morning and after some argument, she did come back in. It becomes a battle of the wills.

Yesterday I cleaned DVDs at the library and organized some more magazines and put away the new books. Katie also had me send out some "past due" letters.   It was a relatively easy day....no scanning. I was still exhausted.

The plumber came yesterday morning at 10:00. First he fixed the leak under the sink then changed the hoses so the hot water is on the left, then he put a new faucet of my bathtub. All this was done in an hour. I sat down afterward and wrote both the landlady and the property manager a "thank you" note and an apology for my anger expressed so heatedly. There's no excuse for rudeness.

After that I fixed swiss steak for Bob and myself for lunch. I had potato salad left from Easter Sunday and also baked beans. I also had cupcakes. He left when it was time for me to go to work.

We were under storm warnings yesterday afternoon and I was so afraid my car would be hail damaged but all it did was rain and wind. Last night at 2:00 int he morning the storm hit again but although it woke me up with all the noise, all we got was rain and wind again...no hail.

Bob came over yesterday afternoon while I was at work and his computer downloaded updates. That changed the configuration and he was upset over that. I fooled with it for awhile this morning and we got him familiar with the changes and he is happy with it again.  He has Windows 8 on his computer and he's not all that happy with it. But he'll get used to it.

I will cook the rest of the ribs Karan gave me last month. I had made two batches out of them and this is the second.  I will have boiled potatoes and a veggie and Bob's salad. I still have two cupcakes for dessert.

More later...

I don't know what I was thinking about. I have to do those ribs in  the slow cooker and it will take 4 to 5 hours. So I fixed some baked pork chops instead. Tomorrow we will have the ribs.

I didn't do any scanning today. I put away a bunch of DVDs and helped Paula do that. Then I repaired and cleaned some DVDs but Katie is going to have to order another kit. I have worn those completely out. I am still worn out from all that I did before I even left for work.

No comments: