Sunday, April 5, 2015

A Very Busy Sunday

I got around early this morning and baked my coffee cake for the breakfast at church. I took the potato salad and baked beans in and put them in the frig at church to take to John and Leslie's after church.

The worship serves went well.  The 10:00 one was basically a prayer service with testimony. About five of us spoke. There was a lot of scripture and hymns and some video about the resurrection. The breakfast came at 10:30. It too was a great success. Then the 11:00 worship service. We used the video taped music because our only pianist was out of town with her grandchildren for Easter. That worked fine. There was a skit and later, after the service, we met a member who had never come before. His mother, from Texas, was a member and she talked the family into coming We hope he and his family will come back. His wife belongs to the Church of the Nazarene and they usually attend there when they go to church.  The man was very interested in our group.  He may try to talk his wife into alternating Sundays.

After the church service, we went to Leslie and John's for dinner. The other grandparents were supposed to pick up their grandchildren but they decided to leave them with John and Leslie. That was unfortunate because just as we were ready to sit down to our meal, Leslie was called out to work. She was on call this weekend. So Cyndi and I were in charge of the girls and cleaning up the kitchen after dinner. That worked out fine because Cyndi pitches right in. Leslie's patient had decided to try to commit suicide today. I didn't hear how that came out since Leslie was still gone when I gathered up my stuff and Bob and I left. The girls went upstairs to watch TV and were there when we left. They are 3 and 5 years old.

When I got home, I put away the leftovers and did my letters for the congregation and got the two I sent out snail mail out on the mailbox.  

Later Bob came over for wine and 60 Minutes. He left at 7:00 and I took my bath and came in here to do an update on the blog. I am really tired this evening.

Tomorrow I get my hair done in Independence and also get it cut again. I plan to bring home a Big Cheese pizza for our lunch. If there is time, I will go to the market in Independence and buy the groceries I need. Then I will go to work here at the library at 1:00.  Tuesday, I take our cakes to Independence again to the Christian Church. I will bake my cake Monday evening.

No comments: