Monday, July 11, 2016

Monday and A Rough Night

I had another rough night. I went to bed at 9:00..very tired. Then I woke up at 1:30 and could not get back to sleep. I got up at 2:30 and took a Melatonin tablet and got back to sleep until 5:45.  That always kind of wipes me out. One good thing this morning was I was able to get the hearing aid in without a lot of trouble...for the first time. It's usually like wrestling a bear.  I never dreamed it would be so much trouble just to get seated.

I should go see Stan again this morning to discover why it's so hard to get into the canal. I don't know what he can do about it though. He put a small head on it but my ear canal has some twists and turns evidently and getting it in is hard. My Bob used to just pop his right in. It was a Starkey though and the whole thing went in to the canal. This one sets behind my ear and just the little head goes in the canal. The aid sets behind my ear.

I'd like to go on to exercise class though. But I can't do both.

I also need to go to the market before lunch. I have quite a list again.  We are having spaghetti with meat sauce again and garlic bread and green beans. Bob will bring a salad. Karan gave us a couple of large garden tomatoes and a cucumber before she left for camp. He will use those. I have some fruit for dessert and the cookies I made on Saturday.

More later...

I saw Stan this morning right after 8:30.  He worked to try to show me how to get that hearing aid in. He pushes it toward my nose first and then up. My canal is a strange shape and small.  I will try it his way tomorrow morning.

After I left Stan's office, I went to Walmart to buy groceries.  I bought almost $50.00 worth with the Brita water filter and the Keurig descaler liquid. Just before lunch I began the descaling.  I hope it works. I finished it up after lunch.

And lunch was good. We had spaghetti and garlic bread and salad and green beans. Then we had fruit and cookies for dessert. Tomorrow we go to Independence to get my hair done and cut. Bob will visit his sister while I am doing that.  She is 92. I tell him he needs to visit her while she can.

He went home after lunch to take a nap. He was full.

More later...

My two youngest grandchildren...26 and 30.

Aren't they something?

No comments: