Saturday, July 16, 2016

Saturday and Breakfast Out

At 7:20, I will pick up Bob to go to breakfast. We go every Saturday to Sirloin Stockade for breakfast.  Then we eat a very late light lunch. We eat such a large breakfast.

Missy is wanting to go outside but it's too early. It's not light out there and I never take her out in the dark. About 6:00, we will go out on the carport.

I slept well last night. I got up shortly after 4:30. I just couldn't get back to sleep after waking up to go to the bathroom. I've had a cup of coffee and fed Missy already. I've watched the weather channel until the "local weather on the 8's" came on. That's our local weather. It's going to be pretty hot the high 90's.  Now I have the music going.

My son, Keith, called yesterday and visited with me awhile. He's such a neat guy! In fact, all my kids are. I am so lucky. I was a strict disciplinarian with a lot of structure in my life. And I injected a lot of structure into their lives. They had chores and they didn't go to bed until their rooms were neat. We did a lot of fun things like camping trips every other weekend and horseback riding every Saturday morning for years. We bought a season ticket to the swimming pool when we lived in Bartlesville and every afternoon, after they had their chores done, we went swimming and spent the afternoon at the pool. My kids, especially the boys, were excellent swimmers and divers. We never missed a Walt Disney movie either. In those days, we went to the movies a lot. Of course, in those days movies were a lot different. There was little sex and violence in them.  They were strictly entertaining and wholesome.  The world has changed a lot the past 40-50 years and, in my estimation, not for the better.

More later...

We had our breakfasts and we are both very full. I probably won't eat again today. I had taken Missy out for an hour, but as I suspected, an hour wasn't enough for her. She was unhappy about it. I took some of the pork Bar B Q over to Karan and while I was gone Bob came to do a small load of laundry. Karan wanted to tell me all about her camp experience.  I am so glad she went because she had a wonderful time.

When I got home Bob and I visited awhile and then he went home to take a nap and I took Missy outside again for awhile. She seemed content then.  I found the paper Ron and I wrote and presented for the John Whitmer Historical Association meeting. Bob had mislaid his copy and he wanted to show it to Diana.  I printed it off for Bob and then a copy for myself too.

More later...

My oldest great granddaughter, Sage, is the third from the left. She is 12 years old and will be 13 in September.  She is such a nice girl. Her mom has done a good job rearing her. This was taken at church camp on the last day there.

 More later....

Bob came over about five to watch the news and left about 6:40. He went home to re-install his own VCR. Tony had fixed it and Diana sent it with his birthday gift. Now he will probably give mine back to me.

I watched TV for awhile but then  took a shower and washed my hair. The heat had made it oily.

I will go to bed at 9:00.


Sister--Three said...

You are to be commended on the job you did rearing your children.
You must spend time in your garden or your harvest will be weeds.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

It sounds as if you raised your kids with the perfect balance of loving discipline with fun to follow ! :) Sage is so pretty and looks so happy in this photo ; camp was probably a blast! :)

Margie's Musings said...

It was, Deb. Sage just loves our family camps. She has gone for years.

And thank you Sister-Three. I tried. I thought I might have been too strict with them. But they all three turned out very well.