Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Tuesday and Hairdo Day

Bob and I will go to Independence this morning and I will get my hair done and we will shop a little....mainly to kill some time. Today, for lunch, we will go to Great China. We love their Chinese food. My friend, Juanita, worked as a waitress for them for 17 years before she had broke her hip and had to retire.  She said their kitchen was sparkling clean. I believe her. She loved  Kwan, for whom she worked all those years. She taught him a lot about doing business in the American culture.  And he was extremely successful because of that.  He always visits her when he returns to Independence to visit his brother, who bought the business from him when he retired.  She worked for the brother until she fell in the yard and broke her hip.

I slept well last night. I did get up rather early...around 4:15.  I just got my sleep out by then. I have made my bed and made up my face and dressed and Missy and I are waiting for daylight so we can go out on the carport and enjoy the early morning.  First, we will both have breakfast and I will have my cup of coffee and watch the "Weather on the 8's" to see how hot today is expected to be. The rest of the week is supposed to be in the 100's. We will have to be careful in that kind of heat. Both Missy and I are too old to mess around in 100 degree weather.

I will continue this after I am out on the carport and trying to corral Missy. Right now I need to get our breakfasts together.

More later...


O.K. It's nearly 6:30 now and we have been out on the carport for nearly a half hour. So far, so good. Missy is behaving herself.

I have watered the flowers in front of the carport and will soon go around to the patio and water the tomato plant.  I just won't get in a huge rush right now. I have had my breakfast and a cup of coffee and a cup of Chai. I am just sitting here enjoying the relative coolness of the early morning.

The drainage system for the pool installed.




We are back now from Independence and Great China for lunch. It was, as usual, very good. I took Bob home after stopping at our church to leave some bottled water in the food basket.

Now I will read my e-mail and later do some more reading in my John Whitmer Journal.

More later...

That's not too wise to let Jerod drive your new car.  Hold your breath.





What if he puts the first ding on it or even worse, like one of my sons did and leave the keys under the floor mat and get it stolen and get all the windows broken out of it?

Oh well, it's your car. You surely have insurance on it. I did.

My ex-daughter-in-law called tonight and we visited for 30 minutes or so.  Bob was here. He didn't seem to think that was wise but she needs a friend. She has been through some bad times.   We always got along well. She lived with us when our grandchildren were young and while my son was stationed in Korea. That's been 21 years. I invited her here if she needed to move from Missouri until she gets her life back together again. She's a registered nurse but would need to get her license reinstated  before she could work as a nurse.

Bob left at 7:00 and then I took my bath and got ready for bed and Missy and I sat in the recliner until 9:00 and watched TV until we went to bed.

No comments: