Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Wednesday and a Very Busy Day

This will be a busy day. First there are exercises at 9:00 until 9:40 and then I will fix chicken for dinner with potatoes and a veggie. Bob will bring a salad. I fixed some strawberries yesterday afternoon and thawed out the shortcake so we can have strawberry shortcake for dessert.

After lunch at 2:00, I will go to Asbury Village for Bunco until 4:00. Sometime before 5:30, I will bake brownies for the PINCH meeting this evening at 5:30. I told Marilyn I would meet her at her church and help her get her things and my brownies upstairs and ready for the meeting. It will last an hour.  I will probably be very tired after that and will come home and watch Nature on PBS with Missy until bedtime.

Scott, my younger son, is going to call me later this morning. I texted him about his ex-wife's telephone conversation with me last evening. He is concerned about her situation and wants to talk to me about it. 

But, now it's time to fix breakfast for Missy and me. She is waiting patiently.

More later...

We have breakfast over with and are out on the carport now. Missy is doing fairly well at staying close by. I have the table set for lunch and am ready to go get my brownie mixes when the Dollar General  at 7:00. I will probably make up the brownies before I fix lunch.  That way, I will have that out of the way early.

I watered the plants in the front and will have to get the tomato plant watered before it get too hot. It's supposed to be 99 today and 100 tomorrow.

More even later....

What a busy and confusing day. I did not go to exercise class. I discovered I had my regular six month's doctor's appointment  at 9:00 so I called Bob to go on without me. I didn't get out of the doctor's office until 9:30 so I went on over to Stan's to arrange for the sale of the new hearing aid. He put it on a 14 month contract at $100. a month with no interest and no tax. I will pay it out that way.

Then I came home and baked my brownies for the PINCH meeting this evening. After that I fixed lunch.

After lunch,  while Bob was still here, Paul called. he has been sick and did not want to get out in the heat and neither did Carol or Alfonso who have also been sick. Carol has COPD and Alfonso has a heart condition so I certainly understood. Carol sent out an e-mail to the members online or with smart phones and I called Ken and Marilyn. I was unable to reach either of them so I left them messages.  Unfortunately Marilyn never checked her messages. I left them on both her phones and even went by her home. Finally she picked up on her cell. She was at the church checking to see if there was ice there. After I explained everything to her, she said she would check her messages more often. I have all these brownies and will have to have Bob freeze them for August. I have no room in my freezer.

So I am home this evening anyhow.

More later...

Bob came over to watch the news and stayed until 7:00. After he went home I took my bath and watched TV until 9:00. There was noting on but the Republican convention and I certainly wasn't going to watch that circus!

No comments: