Monday, April 3, 2017

Monday and Exercises

I slept pretty well last night. I woke up several times but finally just took an allergy pill and a Melatonin tablet  Then I slept well.

I heard from Bob this morning. He is feeling better and will go to exercise class. He was getting ready to take a shower when he texted me.

I have fed Missy, and myself dressed and made my bed. I am ready for the day. I have set out some ground beef. He will have hamburger pie for lunch with the rest of Bob's jello salad from last Thursday. I had notification about Ministerial Alliance this morning and let Chuck know I would be there on Thursday. Bob will be on his own for the Thursday lunch.

I will be going to Independence tomorrow to take the cakes up to the Christian Church there. Then I will get my hair done and afterward take Juanita to the doctor.  Bob may go but he may take his own car so he can go see Betty, his sister since I don't know how long it will take Juanita to get to see the nurse that takes her blood.  It's a first come, first serve, appointment so we may be awhile. The last time I took her it took an hour or so to get in to get that blood work done. I will text Bob and see if he wants to meet me for lunch if he decides to go.

More later.... I need to get ready for exercise class and text Bob to see if he wants me to pick him up.
I did pick Bob up for the class. Afterward he came by and I wrote out his checks for his rent and TV. He then came back later for lunch. While my cakes were baking I mixed up the hamburger pie. It baked while I cooled the cake. Then we ate lunch. We had Bob's jello salad too. The hamburger pie was good.  After lunch I took some of it over to Marilyn.

I went to the bank to pay my own rent after I had a nap. I don't get my social security until the 12th this month so this month will be close again.  I hate getting my social security the second Wednesday of the month when everything comes due in the first week....especially my rent which is due by the 5th.

Nothing can be done about it though. I understand some of the younger recipients get theirs the third Wednesday.  That would be a real bummer.

More later...

I just had a call from Cox Cable and they wanted to sell me a land line telephone.  I told them I had given up the land line when I moved into this apartment and no longer needed the duplication since my daughter pays for my cell phone. I also told the woman that called me that they had priced themselves right out of the market with me.

She suggested I go back to the $10.00 starter package. With tax she said that would be about $12.00 for about 30 channels. That would suit me fine, I told her. So she gave me a number to call to make that change. I called the number and was on the line for 22 minutes before someone finally answered.

I told the woman that answered that I wanted to go back to the $10.00 starter package.  She told me there was no longer a $10.00 starter package. It is now higher. She also told me the $29.95 internet line I have is now $34.95 and to change to the next lower package would still be a total of $71.63.

That's only $17.80 less then I am now paying. What a racket! The TV is disgusting anymore. It's all about sex and violence. I am not interested in sex or violence at my age....in fact..I never was. She also told me if I did go back to a smaller package, I would have to change boxes. There is no local Cox Communications office here anymore and to return the box I now have, I would have to drive to Pittsburg, Kansas.  For a savings of $17.80, it's just not worth it. It really is a racket. Everything anymore is all about money.  Nothing is about good service. Capitalism is greed driven.

So much for my rant of the day!

Bob came and used his computer to pay some bills. Then he stayed for the news. He left at 7:00 and I took my bath and got ready for bed.  I went to bed about 9:30. It was another tiring day. Tomorrow will be even busier.

No comments: