Thursday, June 8, 2017

Thursday and Just Lunch

I slept well again last night. I got up shortly before 5:00. I dressed and got myself ready for the day. I fed myself and Missy.

For some reason, ever since Missy saw those foxes on Tuesday, she has been hesitant to go outside.  She steps out very hesitantly and then wants right back in. She will go out on the patio though...if it's not too hot. Maybe she doesn't smell them over there on the east side of the apartment.

I want to get the dining room vacuumed this morning and also mop the kitchen again.  That's about all I have planned. Until I get my social security on the 14th, I am watching my money very carefully. In fact, I put the flowers and border blocks I bought today on my Amazon card.

I watched some of the Comey testimony this morning too. Then I started lunch and missed the rest.  

We will have sloppy joes for lunch. I will also fix french fries. I think I also have some pudding and I know I have sugar cookies for dessert.  We will have peach tea to drink.

More later....Lunch was fine and Bob took one sloppy Joe home with him. He also brought Mexican Coca Cola for our lunch. It is made with sugar and not high fructose corn syrup.  He can get it at Walmart.  Mexico and Canada do not allow the use of high fructose corn syrup in their sodas. The body cannot process it and that sweetness pours directly into the bloodstream. No wonder we are all so fat anymore and many have diabetes.

Also, being a simple sugar, fructose isn't able to suppress the areas of the brain that control appetite. A study conducted at the University of Southern California found fructose left people feeling hungry, even after eating, WebMD reports. Fructose releases less insulin than glucose, another type of sugar, thereby motivating people to continue eating. Alternatively, glucose curtails hunger, as the activity in the hypothalamus is slowed.. Enough science lesson....

I made a little flowerbed next to the faucet in the backyard this morning. I also filled the other flowerbed that I took the lavender out of too but for some reason, that photo I took didn't download. Neither photo would download on the desktop computer for some strange reason. I had to download them on my laptop. I will need to get some more annuals for the border of this one but not in the heat of the day.

I even had to take this second one off the memory stick on the laptop computer.  For some reason it didn't download into my pictures on the drive. Weird!

Anyhow, here it is now. The perennials are daisies and balloon flowers. The border flowers have been there all spring. They are pansies.

I've cooled down some now and I want to get the dining room later...

Well, I never did get the dining room vacuumed but I did go back over to Orchelen's and bought another bag of Miracle Grow and then to the florist again to buy some more flowers and then came home to plant them in the heat of the day. The small new flowerbed looks a lot better now. Maybe tomorrow I can take another photo of that one.

I read the paper about 4:10 and then Bob came over at 5:00 o read it as well and stayed to watch the CBS news. When he left, I took my bath and put my PJs on so I can watch TV with Missy...if there's anything on. I watched quite a bit of the Comey testimony today.

I will go to bed about 9:00 this evening.   I got up at 4:45 this morning and did a lot of lifting of bags of two bags of Miracle Grow and seven border stones and planting of flowers. ...some in the heat of the day. I am tired.

No comments: