Friday, June 19, 2020

Friday and No Lunch Out

I slept very well last night. I got up shortly before 5:00AM and made the bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day. I have had my breakfast and when I opened the door Scruffie was there waiting for her breakfast. No other cats have braved the rain.  I went out and swept off the doorway area and doormat. I thought she might want to lay there out of the rain but she evidently wanted to get back to her kittens after her breakfast.

I talked to Nancy last evening and she is feeling good again. She wants to eat lunch out today and I thought that was a good idea. I will pick her up at 11:30AM.

Dale, Nancy's cousin, called me last night to say he thought taking Nancy out for lunch was a good idea. He thinks the med they have been giving her for her memory is what is making her sick to her stomach so much of the time so they have cut it back to one a day instead of two a day. She was feeling good yesterday and wanted to go to Copan for lunch today so I agreed to take her. She is not comfortable driving out of town. I told him I always drove. He says she is sleeping much of the time and when she does that, she doesn't eat.

Personally I don't think Nancy has Alzheimers at all and she may have some trouble with her memory but she is almost 86 years old and that is not uncommon. My sister, Phyllis, had Alzheimers and in fact, died of it. Nancy told me almost ten years ago that she had been diagnosed with Alzheimers but she is perfectly lucid even today...years later. She shows none of the usual confusion or hostility. There are several kinds of dementia but this looks nothing like Alzheimers.

It is raining lightly today and in fact is forecast for the rest of the weekend until Tuesday.  I brought the plants in and watered them in the house last night.  I didn't want wind or even excessive rain to spoil them. The geranium is beginning to bloom again.

I may vacuum the bedroom, halls and living room today. All I did yesterday was wash the bare floors  and wipe down the countertops. I can vacuum the dining room and den later.

More later....

I got the bedroom and halls and living room vacuumed and was getting ready to go pick up Nancy when her cousin's wife called to tell me she was sick to her stomach again. So I will fix myself some lunch here. Poor Nancy...I hope they can figure out what is wrong with her stomach. They are taking her to Bartlesville to the doctor on Monday. They will do some more tests and blood work then.

More later....

I have had a frozen lunch and an ice cream bar for dessert.  Then after I got my mail I took it to the mail box outside the post office and got it in the mail.

I was going to go out to Dollar General and get some more cran grape juice but it's raining too hard to get out of the car and go in. I have enough for today and possibly tomorrow anyhow.

Scruffie came for lunch and ate some of the food I set out for her but she soon left. None of the other cats have come today. It has rained all day so far.

More later...

Scruffie came back for supper and after some hesitation, three of her four kittens came too and Big Yellow Tom cat came and ate first.  It was after he left that Scruffie and the kittens came. They are so cute. One is yellow and one is like Scruffie...kind of mottled gray.. and one is black. I don't know what happened to the fourth kitten...it was another gray kitten. I see the garage door of the neighbor across the street has caved in even more at the bottom and the cats can now get in their garage. That is probably a better place for the family to live then under that shed.

I am doing my towel and underwear laundry now.

At 7:00PM, I took my bath and will read awhile until 9:00PM when I usually go to bed.

2 comments:

Kay said...

I’m so jealous of how much sleep you get. I’m having such difficulty with this.

Margie's Musings said...

I take two melatonin tablets before I go to bed, Kay. That
s why I sleep so well now.