Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Wednesday and a Hair Day

I will drive over to Coffeyville later today. Bob and Joanne are going to Pawhuska to see the Pioneer Woman display and have lunch there to celebrate Joanne's birthday today. So Bob and I will not have breakfast today. My hair appointment is at 9:30AM this morning . I will stop by the bank to get the week's cash before I get my hair done. I want to go by their Walmart store and see if I can find a rack for my new hose in the back yard. I don't want to just leave it laying on the ground. I also have three or four other things on my list. I will probably fill my car up with gas too before coming back home.

I plan to eat at Sonic here at noon.  On Wednesdays they have their Wacky Pack special for $1.99 plus tax. That's two large chicken strips and either tater tots or fries and a small drink.

Tonight Cox will work on their network and I will probably have to try to get my Amazon Prime going again. If you recall, the last time their network failed in our neighborhood, it took Keith and me several hours to get it up and going again. Cox knows nothing about the installation of a Tivo.  Keith contacted Tivo direct and got their instructions and I printed them off. We will see how that works out tomorrow.

I have had my breakfast and even fed two adult cats (a yellow one and Scruffy) and all of her four kittens.

If the weather is decent this afternoon I may trim the yard. I may be very busy tomorrow with the Tivo re-installation.

More later....

I left for Coffeyville at 8:30AM and when I got there I went to the bank and got my week's funds. Then I went out to Woodshed and bought my gas and then on to Walmart and bought my groceries. By then it was time for my hair appointment. She really cut it short this time. I always wear it short but I believe this is the shortest I have ever had it.

I came on home and put away my groceries. I had bought six frozen meals and put them in my freezer bag. Suzanne got me to decide to buy one. When I got home, I put them in the freezer. I bought some more breakfast bars and cat food.

I did buy a rack to screw onto the wall next to my water faucet but I may have to have John or Leslie screw it onto the wall out there. After it cools down some this afternoon I will see if I can do it myself. If not, I will ask one of them to do it for me. I will have to use a screwdriver and they would have an electric one which would make it easier to do. We will see.

When I got home I checked the mail and then went out to Sonic and bought their Wednesday special. It is that Wacky Pack with two large chicken strips and fries and a small  coke. For $2.18. you really can't beat that.

It's 88 degrees out there now but feels a lot hotter then that. It's only 1:19PM so it may get even hotter before the day is over.

More later... .

Sure enough..it was frustrating to try to install that hose rack myself when I don't have the proper tools to do it. I tried to drive a nail into the cement board and pull it out and screw it in with my hand screwdriver.  That didn't go in far enough. I hate to ask the kids to help but I don't have any other options. Leslie is working today and John worked cows this morning but he is coming in 30 to 45 minutes to do it for me. Bless his heart!

I read on my new book until he came. It is the one called  "Epidemics and Society" by Frank Snowden.

John brought the  puppy, KiKi, with him and she went out to the back yard on a leash with us. She looks just like Hoover, her grandfather.  She is only fourteen weeks old now so eventually they will mate her with a male Corgi that belongs to an employee at the pet shop in Independence.

John had come right away and within five minutes had those screws completely in. I put the hose on it and later,,,after it cools down a bit, I will water the flowerbed again. It's 90 degrees out there right now.

I had a banana for supper and a breakfast bar. That should hold me for awhile.

I am watching the 5:00PM news now. Later at 5:30PM I will watch the CBS news.  At 7:00PM I will take my bath and later at 9:00PM I will go on to bed.

2 comments:

Kay said...

It’s good to get your hair cut short these days because of the summer weather and because it’s less time at the beauty shop.

Margie's Musings said...

You're right, Kay, but this is shorter then I have ever worn it in the past. It's o.k. though. Easier to take care of.