Monday, June 15, 2020

Monday and Laundry and Window Washing

I woke up about 4:00AM this morning but stayed in bed off and on for another hour. Then I stripped the bed and began the laundry.

I have dressed, had my breakfast and am working on my coffee now.

I have two cats here for breakfast. It is Scruffie and Big Yellow Tom  None of the kittens have come this morning...at least not yet. Another of the adolescent yellow cats is here to eat now though.

I will dry and fold and put away the laundry after a while, Right now it is still in the washer.

It is 69 degrees right now but is forecast to be 92 later in the day. There is no rain in the forecast until Sunday.

Krystal's daughter will mow for me tomorrow. I thought about having her mow yesterday but it wasn't quite tall enough to need it that early.

After the laundry is finished, I may get back to my book today.

Right now I am watching the channel 6 news. So more later....

After the channel 6 news, I got out my sprayer and the solution that cleans the windows through the screens and rinses them. It is called Renz E-Z. So far, so good. I won't be able to do the west living room window because the screen on that window has lots of holes in it and I have patched it outdoors and indoors too. I got the south windows both done and they look pretty good....at least a lot cleaner. I still will have the living room windows and the dining room windows to do. After the  CBS news is finished at 10:00AM, I will move the hose to the front of the apartment and get them done. I hope they do as well. It saves me from having to climb on a ladder and wash them by hand. As long as the windows don't leak into the apartment, this is the way I have always washed my windows everywhere I have lived.

I was watching the CBS news while the dryer was drying the laundry so I brought it in the living room to fold it and put it away on the commercial break.. It is 8:35AM right now.

It's 10:25 AM now and all the windows are washed except the one on the west side of the apartment. They look pretty good except I am exhausted.  I had a hard time disconnecting the hose and got a huge bruise on my left hand from trying. Then I had to carry the hose to the front of the apartment and connect it to the faucet.. The connection to the hose that attaches to the faucet is broken now so after I washed the windows, I stuck the ruined hose into a large black yard plastic bag and put it in the trash. I also hauled the thing that wound up the hose to the curb because it had been leaking around the connection ever since I moved here and I will need to buy a new one when I buy the new hose. I am not sure how I will connect the new hose holder that I will buy to the side of  the house near the faucet so I can water my flowerbed. I will have to figure that out when I am not so exhausted. At 84, everything is harder. Anyhow, the windows look a lot cleaner and better..

More later....

It's 10:55AM now and I am recovering pretty well from my exhaustion. I have filled the hummingbird feeder again too. I am not sure whether the hummingbirds are still around or not but the feeder was empty. Of course, it could have evaporated I guess.  Anyhow, it is full again now. I will need to go out to Dollar General and see if they have any 25 or 50 foot hoses and some kind of hook to wind it on. I will need to attach the holder to the cement board under or near my large den window since the rest of the back wall is brick.


Back even later...

I went out to Dollar General and bought a hose. They had no racks to wind it on or even sprayers so I just bought the 50 foot hose. I took the new hose and another mixture of the cleaner to the front and washed those four windows again. When I went to turn off the water....it wouldn't turn off at all. Water was running from the new hose into the street so I called the city. They came out but they couldn't get the faucet to turn off either so they turned off the water at the meter. I contacted Suzanne and she is sending a plumber out here after lunch. The city employee thought it might be a worn out washer. It worked fine this morning when I washed the windows the first time. I was just going over them again to be sure they were as clean as I could get them. Then the water wouldn't turn off when I finished. What a mess! Always something! I just eventually disconnected the hose and rolled it up and put it in the garage.

It's 1:00PM now and I haven't had lunch yet. I will microwave a turkey and dressing TV dinner .

More later...

The plumber came and looked over the faucet. He discovered it was the faucet handle itself. He went back to his office to look for a used one since that one was very old.

 He was unable to find one so he told me he would be back later in the week   after he went to a plumbing shop to find one of those handles. He did turn the water back on so I did my dishes. 

I had a banana for supper. I am still hungry but have nothing else to eat. I had popcorn last night so I shouldn't eat it again tonight. I will just tough it out.

I am watching the CBS news now but it is about to go off now.  So I will get back to this later.

4 comments:

marlu said...

I wonder if the hose that is advertised on tv to expand and retract to a very small, compact size. Of course, they have child carrying it. I have never tried one but they appear to be a lot easier to "wrangle."

Margie's Musings said...

My friend, Karan, has one of those and she said it had been a disappointment. So I was afraid to order one.

Galla Creek said...

Goodness. Always something.

Margie's Musings said...

Isn't that the truth!