Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thanksgiving Day at the Brooks

I slept well with no more noise from the hidden cricket.  I had had my sleep out by 5:00AM though so I got up and dressed and fixed my breakfast oatmeal and coffee. 

I will go watch the morning weather channel and check on the cats and feed them.

I got three cats fed. Scruffie never showed up. Both the siblings did and the adolescent yellow cat. When they finished, I brought in the bowls.

I have been reading all morning on my latest free Amazon book. 

Then later this morning about 11:00AM, I will go out to the kids' for Thanksgiving dinner. I will take my pecan pie and the salad. 

So more later... 

There turned out to be only four of us. My grandson,Jeromy, was the only other person. The little greats went to Topeka to be with their other grandparents for Thanksgiving.  

Leslie fixed a turkey breast, some fancy potatoes in her new instant pot and we had my Waldorf salad and some crescent rolls and two kinds of pie. I had taken my Amish pecan pie and Leslie made a pumpkin pie. It was all very good!

As  usual, Marlene didn't come. We all had a good visit though. 

I brought enough home for another meal. I am very full.

More later... 

I am still very full.  It's 5:50PM and I am still full. I have read all afternoon. I also fed the three cats about 4:00PM. Scruffie came to check it out but she would not eat any of it. Fussy cat!

It's 6:50PM now and in an hour or so, I will take my bath and plan to go to bed at 9:00PM or so.

4 comments:

ChuckFu said...

Happy Thanksgiving mom tell Leslie and John the same

Love you
Keith

Margie's Musings said...

You too, Keith and Esther!!

Margie's Musings said...

It was a strange Thanksgiving. Only four of us had dinner together. I was still very thankful for all my blessings.
I have excellent health at almost 85. I can take care of myself and even mow my yard from time to time...with a push mower with a bagger.

Galla Creek said...

You have much to be thankful for.