Saturday, November 28, 2020

Saturday and Dusting

 I slept well although I did get cold in the night and had to straighten my quilt to cover my legs. It got down to 28 degrees last night. I finally got up and turned up the furnace a bit.  I had had it down to 72.

I got up at 5:00AM, made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I fixed my breakfast and coffee. Then I checked my e-mail for the news. In a minute, I will go turn on the weather and wait for "the weather on the 8s". I will get back to this a little later...I will need to dust later too.

I had three cats out there to eat breakfast this morning. The siblings, Blondie and Inky,  and  the adolescent yellow cat. I seem to have lost Scruffie. Surely someone else is feeding her.

Later on this morning, after the CBS news is over, I will dust the apartment. I don't have anything else on my plate today.

I got my "new" electric Rival ice crusher today and it was "Used"...badly used. The box was dirty and obviously used. When I turned it on the ice crusher did not work at all. I put it back in the box and was going to send it back but there was no way to return it. I called Amazon and complained about it. It cost me $49.36 with the postage and it didn't even work. This is the first and only time I have have bought anything off Amazon that was used ...badly used at that. It was not listed as "used"and from a third person seller either. They will contact their third person seller and attempt to get my money back. It I don't get it back they will set up a suit to get it back for me. I am very disappointed in Amazon over this. It will be awhile until I order anything else from them. If it was "used", they should have made that obvious on the site.

Grumble, grumble... 

Then Scruffie finally came to eat supper.  She was skin and bones and was not eating the new food. I went out to Dollar General and bought a bag of the Meow Mix with the tender centers. I gave her a bowl of that and she ate the entire bowl. I saved the other food for the other cats. And later I fed them too.

Then I read the rest of the afternoon until the NBC news was on at 6:00PM. There was still a football game on CBS. After this news is over, I will take my bath. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM as usual. I never did get the dusting done.

4 comments:

Donna. W said...

My old yellow neutered tomcat moved away a year or two ago after being born here and living here for over 10 years. He seems to be living in the woods. Another of my cats moved away shortly after he did. That only left Mama Kitty until I adopted Blue. I think the two cats might have moved because of the grandson's wife's Great Dane, who chased them all the time. I've seen both of the cats at the barn a couple of times, but they actually run away when they see me. Their choice in life, I guess. I certainly didn't mistreat them in any way, but I will tell you that one of the reasons I started feeding Blue and Mama Kitty canned food once a day was in hopes it would be something that would keep them coming back. And it's funny, they are both on the porch at 4:30 in the evening waiting for their special food. If I call any time of the day, they come running.

Margie's Musings said...

That was a bad experience, I know. I have never stopped missing my "Missy" and Suzanne and Steve will not let me have a cat or a dog here in the duplex.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I was glad to read that Scruffie came back. I hope she will recover from having the kitten that she had recently and will fill out again (not with kittens) with the food you just got for her. I get attached to animals too easily, even the wild rabbits in our yard.

Margie's Musings said...

I was glad too, Susie! I had to stand out there and keep the others away from her food. I fed them the new food. They don't mind it.