Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Wednesday and the Cricket Again

I woke up at 4:00AM to the sound of the cricket that I had not heard from in a couple of weeks. I looked everywhere for it. It sounded like it came from my winter closet but if it's in there, I will have to take everything out of the closet floor to find it.  I didn't want to tackle that at that time of the morning. I will do it when I get home this afternoon.  Luckily I made that salad yesterday.

So I dressed and checked my e-mail and started this blog.  I had a cup of coffee but didn't have breakfast. I will pick up Bob at 7:00AM and we will go to breakfast at Eggbert's over there at Coffeyville.

This morning I opened the front door to three cats. Because of last night's storm, they didn't get supper so they are really hungry this morning. It was Inky and Blondie and another of the yellow adolescent cats. I filled their bowls and went out through the garage to feed them. They look like they are mostly finished now. I didn't see Scruffie but if she has kittens (more then the one yellow tiny one I saw with her a couple of days ago) she has her paws full. 

I will leave the food out there for another 15 minutes and bring it in before I leave for Coffeyville.

More later...

Well, I brought the food in just before I left for Coffeyville. They were pretty much finished with it by then. It was very dark and the lights of trucks and people who didn't dim their lights made me drive slower then usual. I got over there though and went to the bank to get my weekly cash. I went out to try to call the wash place that vastly overcharged me for my vacuuming last week but he had taken down the telephone number so I had no way to call him. I certainly won't use the vacuum again! $10.00 Bah Humbug!!

Then I got my gas out at Woodshed and by then it was time for my hair appointment. After that was finished I went on to Tyro and bought the pecan pie for tomorrow's Thanksgiving dinner at John and Leslie's.

Then I came on back home. Lissa Johnson had called me for my new address and Bob's too. She left a message.  She was doing her father's Christmas cards and didn't have either of our newer addresses. When  I got back home, I returned her call and gave her the information she needed.

I think I will go out to Sonic and have the child's Wacky Pack chicken strip dinner for lunch. It's $2.16 with tax. That's a bargain no matter how you look at it. It's almost 11:00AM and I am hungry again.

And that's what I did. For $2.18, you can hardly go wrong.

I will watch the noon news next.

So more later...

I don't know whether I mentioned this or not my John texted me that Octavia, their Blue Heeler, is pregnant again and will have another litter in early February.  Hoover, their male Corgi, is the father so these will be another litter of Cowboy Corgis. (Corgis with little longer legs.)

After lunch I started reading the newest free book from Amazon. I also fed the three cats that showed up for supper. Scruffie wasn't one of them. When they were finished, I brought the bowls in. 

I read all the rest of the afternoon and then even had to charge my Kindle again. At 7:00PM, I took my bath and went on to bed at 9:00PM. Again, I was very tired.


 

No comments: