Saturday, January 23, 2021

Friday and More Books

 I slept well last night and got up about 5:00AM, got myself ready for the day and had my breakfast. I watched the "weather on the 8's" and fed four cats. Even Scruffie came for breakfast. After that, I watched the channel 6 news out of Tulsa. I am really not interested in Oklahoma news..especially not Tulsa...with all it's crime.  But here in southeast Kansas, we have no access to Kansas TV news and  unless we read the newspapers  or listen to the radio, we just don't get any local news. It's too bad. We used to get Pittsburg, Kansas TV but they dropped that at Cox years ago. I caught the CBS morning news when that was over.

Enough griping.  I read all morning  and when the mail came, I read the trash mail and threw it away.

Janet, from the senior center, called me and told me the Montgomery County Health department had asked her to contact the folks who come to the senior center and make a list of those who want the vaccine. She put me on the list.  They are to contact me for an appointment when they go over her list.

At noon for lunch I are some of Suzanne's great soup with crackers and cheese and fruit punch.

In the early afternoon, I  read again and then I finally got a hold of Nancy and she wanted me to come by and visit so I did. I stayed until almost 1:00PM and then came back home just in case the Cox tech came. He called me when he was at Dearing and I told him with the help of the telephone tech I had managed to get my TV back and tried to cancel his visit but could not remember my Cox password. We talked and I told him what the other tech on the phone had me try and it finally worked.  He said we had done just what he would have had me do and since that worked he would just cancel my service call. That was fine with me.

I downloaded a few new Amazon free books for my Kindle and went back to reading again. I had a banana for supper and some grapes and had my bath at 7:00PM and went on to bed about 9:30PM. I had finished another book.

2 comments:

Kay said...

I love to borrow Kindle books from our public library. It's so convenient.

Margie's Musings said...

I just do it here at home, Kay. I just log on to Amazon Smile with my Kindle and choose free books from a wide selection.